I was away on holiday last week and took some beautiful photos with my camera. When I arrived back I discovered 2 problems:-
1. When I tried to view my pictures it came up with 'no image' and all my pictures appear to have been wiped.
2. When I try to link my camera to my laptop to it suggests that a power surge has been caused in the usb port and won't let me use it!
Any ideas for what could be causing either problem or how to fix them?
Selecting the "format" option in the menu will wipe off your images. basically it reformats the memory card.
I would get a card reader, if you havent done so already. I worked with a student today & for some reason we couldn't transfer images from his camera directly to computer via usb + we were getting some error messages when trying to do so.
So, I ended up taking his memory card out & used a memory card reader to transfer the images to 'puter and it worked fine.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are 2 probable solutions.
1. The images are "protected" by the camera & will show "locked" when you try to erase them.
2. The SD card in the camera is locked.
The solution to 1 is to unlock the images in the playback menu. See page 45 of the manual.
Solution 2 is to remove the card from the camera & check the "lock" slider that you can see on the side (although no all cards have this). Set the lock off.
You can download the manual from the first link on the following page:
i have had the same problem too, have you got ALL the equipment still in a box, because if so (if you have had the camera less than a year) u can report to the vivitar contact thing because that's what i had to do write back