Question about Linksys Wireless-G WUSB54G 802.11g/b
Hi, I have a problem connecting my new laptop to my network, I do not have the installation disc for the WUSB54G Adapter. But there must be a way to get it done. This is my network setup: Main Computer Gateway GT5240E Linksys Broadband Router WRT54G Linksys Cable Modem BEFCMU Computer #2 Gateway GT5240E Linksys Wireless Network Adapter WUSB54GC Laptop HP DV6000 WUSB54G Ver # 4 (Problem Child) Again the problem is with connecting my laptop to my network, I do not have the installation disc for the WUSB54G network adapter. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!
You have to install the driver for it to work and i assume that is not the case as you have no cd. Go here to download the driver. http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Download_C2&childpagename=US%2FLayout&cid=1115417109934&packedargs=sku%3D1134691790190&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper&lid=0993490190B03 When installed go to the properties of your adapter in network connections, then click on tcp/ip line and then properties and ensure obtain ip address automatically is ticked and press ok. You may also have to use the home network connection wizard if you havent previously to share documents over your network.
Posted on Apr 13, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
1) Install the network adapter on the printer, if necessary. Many wireless printers have the adapter pre-installed, but if this isn't the case, turn off and unplug the printer. Then, remove the back cover on the adapter slot and place the adapter into the slot.
2) Plug in and turn on the printer. Then, insert the drivers CD that came with the printer into the CD drive of the computer. If you've misplaced the CD, the drivers can be downloaded from the website of the printer's manufacturer.
3) Configure the network adapter. Once the drivers installation has loaded, select "Using a wireless network" and then select "Next". Usually, there is a User Agreement at this point, to which you will agree and press "Next".
4) Connect the laptop to the printer using a USB cable. Connect one end into the USB port on the back of the printer and the other end to a free USB port on the computer.
5) Finish configuring the network adapter. After connecting the laptop and printer with the USB cable, select "Create or modify the printer's wireless settings" and then click "Next".
6) Connect the printer to a wireless network. The wireless setup utility will automatically open after the adapter has been configured. Find your wireless network in the "Wireless networks found in your area" and select "Next". Then verify this information on the next screen.
7) Connect the laptop to the printer through the wireless network. Now, disconnect the USB cable. Make sure that both the laptop and printer are connected to your network. If they are, you're now set up.
Usually answered in minutes!