Did you try going into (if you have a windows pc) My Computer, and navigating to where your player is (your player should be hooked up to your pc via a usb cord - the one that came with your player). your player could be in a removable disk - mine is (J:), or it could be under Other (all of this is still in My Computer). Click on different removable disks if you have to, until you find the one that has your player. Once you have found your player, double click to go inside it. Inside of your player should be a list of folders. One of them should be named Music. It could also have a Playlists folder, an Audible folder, or a Pictures folder, etc. Click on the Music folder. You should see a folder of all of your songs, OR you will see your song files. Select the ones you want to delete, right click and select Delete, or drag the files to your recycle bin. Hope this helps!
Your Mp3 player is a Flash-based MP3 player. That means that it has a small amount of built-in memory inside the player as well as an SD expansion slot for storing songs. When the player is connected, songs may be stored in either of these two places.
Since you just opened your MP3 player and the player doesn't come with an SD card, you probably stored your songs on the internal memory. In either case, there are two basic ways to delete songs off of your player. You can use MP3 software (such as MusicMatch) to do this or just do it by hand.
I'm guessing that you probably originally put the songs on your player by hand (even if you didn't, this way will still work). To delete the files, follow the same process but delete the files instead of adding them. Assuming that you are using Microsoft Windows, click on "My Computer" and find the drive that is labeled "Removable Disk" and click on it. Look for a songs folder and continue to drill down folder by folder until you see your songs show up in the list. Highlight the songs that you want to delete (or the whole folder) and hit the delete button on your computer. Simple as that
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There's no way of directly deleting a song on the player. You need to do it either via Windows Explorer, or a music manager program which "syncs" to your player.
To delete a song via Windows Explorer, connect your Sansa to your PC, open up "My Computer" (or "Computer" if you're running Vista), and you should see your Sansa listed there. Double-click on it. If you then see "Internal Memory", double-click on that. You should then see a list of folders including "Music". Double-click on that, and you should see a list of songs. If you see a list of folders named after your Artists, double-click on the appropriate Artist folders to find the songs you want to delete. Select the song(s) and press "delete" on your keyboard.
If you use a music manager program such as Windows Media Player, Media Monkey or Winamp to sync music onto your Sansa, just delete the song from the music manager library or playlist(s) you're syncing to your Sansa, then do another sync.
connect your usb cable to you computer. go to my computer and open the removable disk drive folder that shows the name of your device. Once you open the folder it will show you all the songs in your device. select the songs you want to delete and remove them by clicking the delete button on your keyboard.
If you are using Windows Vista with Windows Media Player 11, you will need to follow these instructions. Note: You will be able to download purchased/subscribed songs to the unit.
1. Start Windows Media Player 11 and then connect your unit to your computer. If you have not set up synchronization between your computer and this device, the Device Setup Wizard starts. 2. In Device Setup - Configure Sync, write a name for your mp3 player. 3. Click Finish. The window closes and the Sync feature in the Player is displayed. 4. From the left pane of this Sync feature, you can select from Playlists or Library and you will see the content of these folders in the center pane. 5. Select the songs or entire albums from the center pane. 6. Drag these songs or albums into the Sync List, which is the right pane of the Sync feature. 7. Click the Start Sync button on the Sync List pane. 8. Repeat steps 4-7 for any other items that you want to copy to your unit.
If you are using Windows XP with Windows Media Player 10, you will need to follow these instructions. Note: You will be able to download purchased/subscribed songs to the unit.
1. Start Windows Media Player 10 and then connect your unit to your computer. If you have not set up synchronization between your computer and this device, the Device Setup Wizard starts. 2. In the Device Setup Wizard, select Manual. 3. Click Finish. The wizard closes and the Sync feature in the Player is displayed. 4. Select the Library option. On the left pane select Sync List. 5. From the left pane you can select All Music or My Playlists and you will see the songs located within these folders in the center pane. 6. Select the songs from the center pane, and drag them to the Sync List. 7. Click the Start Sync button on the Sync List pane. 8. Repeat steps 4-7 for any other items that you want to copy to your unit.
I can't delete my songs. I have tried 4 different media player to delete and they all give me an error message. Failure to delete, not responding can't delete etc... What should I do? I have the pink ilo 1GB mp3 player
In your windowsmedia you will see the device name listed..you have to make sure the device is under MTP mode..then click on the player and you will see all the songs...you can just right click on the songs and delete them..if you dont want the device to sync automatically you can click on sync and then click on the device name and click on sync setting..there you can modify if you want it to sync automatically.. Should you have any questions..let me know.. P.S.Please rate accordingly... Thank You Computerrep
In your windowsmedia you will see the device name listed..you have to make sure the device is under MTP mode..then click on the player and you will see all the songs...you can just right click on the songs and delete them..if you dont want the device to sync automatically you can click on sync and then click on the device name and click on sync setting..there you can modify if you want it to sync automatically..
Should you have any questions..let me know..
P.S.Please rate accordingly... Thank You Computerrep
I use Windows Media Player v11. Select the "Sync" tab, then you can list the songs that are already on the mp3 player, delete any that are not required, and put other songs on there by putting them in the sync list and pressing the "Start Sync" button.
How do I delete songs from the PD-6110?
songs only can deleted through your PC. If you use
Windows Media Player 10, go to the Sync window and
select the songs that should show up under the 'Music'
folder tree on the right side of the window and select
the songs you want to delete and press the 'delete'
key on your keyboard.
Windows Media Player 11, Open the 'MP3 Player' tree on
the left side of the window then select 'Songs' from
the list. Then select the songs you want to delete and
press the 'delete' key on your keyboard.
can also open the 'Removable Disk' under
'My Computer' and
delete the songs from there.
Here's how you get it
you may have to open Windows Media Player but maybe not
a screen will come saying for you to choose either NO leave all the media on the device... or YES delete all media.
click YES but MAKE SURE you have the HOLD button on OFF. if you dont... it will not work
after it completes the task click FINISH
i tried for hours trying to figure it out and that made it work like a charm! =]
well putting songs on your MP3 player is easy its taking them off thats the problem, so here are some easy steps to doing so.
1. plug in your MP3 player to the computer (USB)
2. go to my documents
3. scroll down to other
4. click sansa m230
5. click TCNANDO
6. then you have an option of Albums, Music,and RECORD click on Music
7. then you have the artists names and all you have to do is click the artist, then the album, and the ones you dont want you right click it and select delete
8. repet that until done deleteing songs of your choice
9. now you can add songs