Hi...hoping someone can help. I have had my Acer Travelmate for almost 2 years now and it was working fine until recently. There are two problems:
1) The sound for the left and right speakers only comes out of the right speaker. You can hear the left coming out of the right speaker as well but for whatever reason it won't come out the left speaker. I have tried downloading updated Realtek Audio drivers for it but that does not help.
2) The second issue is the laptop now shuts itself off after being used anywhere from a few minutes and if am lucky up to a few hours. I was wondering if it is a problem with the battery having to be changed since it has been used for almost two years or if it is another problem entirely.
If anyone can help me, especially with the second issue, please respond ASAP. Thanks.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Laptop Shutdown Issues
1) For sounds, you can check the sound properties and see if the balance is set right for the left and the right speaker. Alternately, move the balance to the left and see if you hear anything
2) There can be lots of reasons why the laptop would shutdown automatically. Does it shutdown or would just turn off without a proper shutdown. It can be due to some device - especially the processor getting heated or some device is not getting enough power for the system to remain up.
Please revert back with further observations.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
2 Solutions Possible.
The connection between the LCD Screen to the motherboard is not connected well and is causing the issues you are having.
The screen itself needs to be replaced because it defective.
i have acer travelmate 290 laptop, recently I formated my laptop and I installed windows xp home edition on it, every thing works fine after I installed the operating system with my acer recovery disk, but when i switch on my wireless button it gives blue screen and immediatly restart the laptop. i tried uninstalled and installed the wireless drivers no luck.
sounds like a system board failure. try to remove the battery, hard drive if possible and the memory modules, then try to switch it on again using the adapter. if you still do not see any indication of power going to to the laptop, you'll need to get it serviced and most likely, the motherboard will need to be replaced. hope this helps and a rating would be appreciated
Hi Prince, has your laptop experienced a squeeze or fall recently? I have a few suggestions. Plug another monitor into the VGA or DVI connection on your laptop. See if you are getting the same problem. If everything is working fine on the external monitor you would have eliminated the drivers being the problem. I suggest getting the LCD display changed. If your laptop is under warranty, you can get this done for free. However, if it is not under warranty you may have to replace it either yourself or take it to a local Acer specialist. If you chose to install the new display yourself, there are handy tutorials on removing and installing the screen on the Acer website. I have noticed that many times the Acer TravelMate Notebooks have experienced display issues. I hope you get your problem resolved soon.
Thanks for using FixYa.com!!
Please do the following to sort out any driver issues you may have windows 7
1) Go to www.devicedoctor.com 2) Download and install the software 3) Once installed load the program and click on scan 4)Once it has finished scanning it will show you all the devices that need updating including the vga card 5) Download and install and your done
Hello Karthik, This must surely be a problem with your monitor, because you say that you see the white screen while boot up. If this is a graphic driver issue, you may have the problem after booting up in windows. Since its been only a month old laptop, the product must be in warranty for sure. Take away any CDs in the drive, any USB drives and see if this white screen appears. Let us know.
Check to see if the drivers are loaded for it in the device manager. This device may also need a utilities driver in order to function properly. You can find these drivers at Acer's support site or at driverguide.com. If you use Acer's site, be patient, their site isn't the easiest to navigate, but the drivers are there.