An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Propane Reddy Heater
AIR MIXTURE ADJUSTMENT IS CRITICAL ON ALL GAS BURNING HEATERS. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE INSUFFICIANT CUMBUSTION AIR WHICH WILL CAUSE A WHITE AND LAZY FLAME .... FLAME SHOULD BE BRIGHT BLUE WITH NO WHITE OR YELLOW TIPS ON THE FLAME.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are couple possible reasons your unit refuses to fire; some units tjis big have to be level, this is a saftey feature bulit in if it is not level, it will not fire, ( it believes it has been tipped over), the smell of propane could also mean it has a leak on your line connection ( bad fitting, not sealed properly), finally check the temperature sensor may be bad and need replacing......
The smell is unburned propane and the burning of the eyes is caused by carbon monoxide. My heater (RLP100) does the same and I was able to measure the carbon monoxide at 95 ppm (deadly). I have yet to figure out what exactly is happening. Tried a new regulator/hose from a new unit - no help. Also pulled apart the burner nozzle and cleaned the holes - helped a bit. Next step is the valve.
Whatever it is sounds like you should clean it... carbon and soot build up in exhaust... if it is a ventless (which is info you should have asked about) than you will find that it is the second heater in line and is starved for fuel.
This heater should only be used in a very well ventilated area, the sore throat and burning eyes are from carbon monoxide.
Carbon monoxide is potentially fatal.
I cannot express how dangerous this is if used in a house or garage without the doors open
Please be careful and let me know if I can provide furthur assistance.