I bought usb mp3 player 512 Mb from local supplier in India. But there is some problem now. When i connect it to Pc it detects the drive but shows 0 Mb free and 0 mb used. When ever i try to open it it gives message not accessible.I even tried to format it but it also failed. Is it fixable error or i will have to throw away my player. Please help me out
Hey dude this is [email protected] myself too has got a same set of problem as i connected my USB mp3 player to net one day, sure u cud have got the malware hooked up to your drive, so just download latest patchesof ur antiviruses and hook to quantrinate the drive, then try using some format tools from tuneuputilities.com and format it. defrag it and then check ur system for viruses, then when all done ok, mailme !
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There are 2 modes the player can connect to a computer:
1. MSC mode: the operating system, seeing the player as a removable disk on "My Computer"
2. MTP mode: added software, when an extra program is started the player is detected in this application software: e.g. Windows Media Player
When songs show up on the player but not on My Computer:
1. The player is in MSC mode and music has been put on the player with a program in MTP mode
2. The player is in MTP mode and music has been put on the player
using Windows Explorer in My Computer in MSC mode
In your case the solution should be:
Switch the player into MSC mode and look in Windows Explorer for
a driver letter with a capacity of about 512MB memory.
How to get the player in MSC mode: Using the menu on the player:
From the main menu go to Settings Menu > USB and select MSC mode. Using the hold switch on the player:
1. Turn device OFF. 2. Facing the hold switch slide it to the right so an orange color would show putting the device on Hold. 3. Connect the device to the PC.
Explore "My Computer", looking for the players content showing up as a drive letter (about 512 MB sized for the m230) Click the drive letter, select your files and "copy + save" or "drag and drop" them to a location on the computer.
Plug your player into your computer via USB. If Windows recognizes it, a new drive should show up under "My Computer". It may be called "Removeable media". It may be some letter like "G" or "H". If you have an SD card bigger than 512 MB, then find the removeable drive that is bigger than 512 MB that shows up when you plug in your MP3 player and that drive is your SD card.
when you hook it up to the puter, go into My computer right click on the removable drive then click on explore disc and see what oter types of files are taking up the extra memory as if there are none then the drive has bad memory cells.