Hewlett Packard Deskjet 697C printer. Error messages of "printer is not ready" or "must load paper".
This started after replacing ink cartridges. Tried disconnecting, turning computer off, back on, & reconnecting cable. Help! I need to do resumes!
* use the replace cartridge maintenance of your printer. try to remove again and re-insert the cartridge, make sure you properly follow the procedures and the cartridge is place on right.
* look for jam paper also inside the printer. push the feed button.
* if your using Windows XP, go to your Control Panel, then Printer and Faxes, and look for your printer device name. right-click on it and check Set as Default Printer if is not. and right-lick again look and click for Use Printer Online if you see one. uncheck also if you see Paused Printing checked. You can also tweak the Printing Preferences... menu.
I'll gladly help in any way I can
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Paper mismatch errors occur because the product scans the width of the envelope before printing. If the paper size setting in the printer driver does not match the paper actually loaded in the product, the product reports a 'Paper Mismatch' error.
The message saves paper and ink by preventing print jobs from accidentally printing on the wrong paper. For example, the print job might be for a 101.6 x 152.4 mm (4 x 6 inch) photo, but there is letter-size paper loaded in the product. The error message displays to make sure that ink is not wasted on the wrong paper type.
try this out , disable the automatic paper type sensor.
Open the Print dialog box.
In Word 2003, click File , and then click Print
In Word 2007, click the Office button ( ), and then click Print .
Make sure that your product is in the Name drop-down list box, and then clickProperties .
Click the Features or Paper/Quality tab.
In the Paper type drop-down list, click Plain paper .