An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: convert to mobile
Unfortunately no, because the pda hasn't a GSM or CDMA module incorporated in order to do so. There are some extension for PDA's, like some GSM modules build into CF cards that can be attached but I haven't heard of a SD type of these devices, that would be compatible with your device.
Also, even if it were possible, this module will drain your battery life more quikly and moreover it can't use the pda's microphone and speaker, you will nead to use a headset attached to the module with itself is attached to the PDA. It isn't that confortable.
If you have further questions, please feel free to ask.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Glad to help YOU! Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know this Axim X30 is still using Windows Mobile 2003 SE. It has a processor that runs at 624 MHz and you have about 64 Mb as internal memory; you can also use an SD Card in the slot up to 2 Gb. Here is a list (accordingly to my knowledge...!) of the navigation software that you can use on your device: # iGO # CoPilot Live # Garmin # Navigon 6 # TomTom Each software can be purchased online from the manufacturer's website. I suggest you - before you will buy - to check if are maps available for the area you are living in!
Downloaded programs can be installed onto the Dell Axim X30 using Microsoft ActiveSync. Microsoft ActiveSync can be installed onto your computer using the Dell Companion CD which came with your Axim X30.
Once Microsoft ActiveSync is set up on your computer, if the program you downloaded came in an installer file, then double-clicking on the file will start the installation wizard and the software will be automatically transferred to the Axim.
If the program you downloaded did not come as an installer file, then double-clicking it will bring up an error message. In that case, use ActiveSync Explore to copy the program file to the Program Files folder on your Axim.
You need ActiveSync from Microsoft. Unless you're using Vista which uses Windows Mobile Device Center. Connecting to the Axim to a Vista machine should automatically download the Windows Mobile Device Center software.
You have two ways:
1) Install the ActiveSync (Version 4.2 is recommended) PC Software with your PC first Next, you connect your Axim to your PC. Then you install the software or game into your PC. it will also install into your Axim automatically thru Sync process.
2) Or install the software or games into your External SD Memory card thru USB SD Card reader. Then put your sd memory card into your Axim and run the software or game. The 2GB or 4GB SD Card is reccommended since the game or software sometime is huge.
I hope it is help.