Works fine 80% of the time. Rest of the time when I start it, after few sec (10 - 30 sec) display will start funny (scrambled characters) and some times I hear arching. At this point unable to stop the microwave using key pad and need to open the door to stop it. Only way to start it again is to unplug it and plug it again after few sec. I opened the microwave and didn't see any burned parts. Looks very clean inside. Please shed some light on this problem. Thanks, Mat.
Exactly! There is a wire mesh gasket sealing the mag where it goes into the waveguide mounting hole. If that seal is not tight, microwaves escape, causing bizarre electrical interference. Sorry I didn't see before the bogus answer above got posted - I've been tied up and away from the PC.
If you are not a tech kindly take your microwave to a tech for repairs.the diodes or the cap high voltage is your culprit.good luck.
Usually answered in minutes!