All youll need to do is when you insert your new or used cartridges
youll need to go through a *auto alignment* this is what i did.... i turned off the printer opened up the printer turned i back on took out both cartridged cleaned them off and the inside of the printer as well closed printer then looked at the prompt on the top of the printer said to hit select printed out a auto align page then everything worked.....
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try to do the Clean Cartridge function using the control panel on your printer.
1. Press Copy.
2. Press Options until Maintenance appears on the display.
3. Press the right arrow until Clean Cartridges appears on the
4. Press Select. A nozzle page prints, forcing ink through the
nozzles to clean the clogged nozzles.
5. Print your document again to verify that your print quality has
If problem continues and it's beyond return period, please contact Lexmark technical support for additional assistance.
Source: Lexmark X6100 Series User's Guide
Here's an article in the Lexmark website on "Cartridge Error 50C" and Other Errors on the Lexmark X5100/X6100 Series LCD Screen. Just click on this link: http://bit.ly/cBu4mW. Follow the instructions carefully. Hope this helps.
Hi. The error tells you that your print cartridge has shorted. Here's a link to the Lexmark website to give some instructions on how to remedy the problem. Just click on this link: http://bit.ly/aSWvpk . Good luck!
One of the cartridges is shorting. I removed the colour cartridge and no error came on. I overrode the cartridge missing and the printer works well. All I have to do is replace the colour cartridge or override everytime it is switched on. So simple, so why not in the user guide?
Cartridge Error 50C Your print cartridge has shorted.
1. Power off your All-in-One and unplug it. 2. Plug in your All-in-One again and turn it on. 3. Uninstall and then reinstall your cartridges. 4. If this does not resolve the issue, try the troubleshooting steps for the other cartridge errors below.
Error: Black Cartridge Missing The black cartridge is not installed. (Install cartridge PN 82)
Error: Color Cartridge Missing The color cartridge is not installed (Install cartridge PN 83)
Cartridge Error Complete the following instructions:
1. Power off your All-in-One. 2. Use both hands to lift up the scanner unit until the scanner support holds it open. 3. Turn the All-in-One on. The print cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position, unless the All-in-One is busy. 4. Remove the color print cartridge. 5. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed. 6. If the error message reappears, replace the black print cartridge with a new print cartridge. If it does not repeat steps 1-3 and then go to step 7. 7. Reinstall the color cartridge and remove the black print cartridge. 8. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed. 9. If the error message occurs again, replace the color cartridge. 10. If an error message reappears, repeat steps 1-3 and reinstall both print cartridges. 11. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed. 12. If you receive the error message again, replace both cartridges.