Question about GE EasyCam Webcam
Okay- so I've tried GOOGLE... but I don't know spanish- and all the info that popped up, Spanish. I have a GE Easycam, worked great with my old computer, but then I bought a new one- and it has Windows Vista *the devil*, and my installation CD is only for programming up to Windows XP. I just bought this cam last week- I don't want to go get another :(. I'm cheap like that. So if anyone knows how to help... this is my desperate internet plea! Thank you soooooooooooooooo much! Maureen
Marueen, GE computer accessories are now sold and supported by Jasco. Their download page has drivers for your webcam; unfortunately they don?t have any Vista certified drivers. Unfortunately lots of hardware manufacturers are not creating new Vista capable drivers for older equipment and I suspect Jasco will follow the trend as well. You can try downloading the latest XP driver from their site and seeing how it works but in the long run you may just be better off getting a more mainstream product with Vista drivers. Jasco download page: http://www.jascoproducts.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/pro/computer_software_cams.html?L+scstore+ndrt4702ffcebece Let us know if you have any other questions and please don?t forget to rate this post.
Posted on Apr 03, 2007
1. If your computer is connected to the internet, you will have to disconnect
from internet temporarily until the installation is complete.
2. Insert the CD that came with your EasyCam
a. Do not install the driver
b. Close the “Auto Run” window
3. Remove the sticker from the end of the USB plug on the camera and plug the
camera into an available USB plug.
4. “Found New Hardware window will appear.
5. Select “Locate and install drivers software (Recommended)”
6. A Permission Dialogue box may or may not appear, depending on the version and
security that is set up.
a. If the dialogue box appears, click “Next”
b. If the dialogue box does not appear, perform step 7
7. Window’s dialogue box will appear, “Insert the disc that came with your USB
Camera”, click “Next”
8. Window’s dialogue box will appear, “The software for this device has been
successful installed” click on “Close”
9. A “Power Frequency” dialogue box will appear, click “NO”
10. Click on the start button
11. Click on “Computer”
12. Open the “Local Disc (C:)”
13. Open Program Files
14. Open VGA USB Camera
15. Double click on AMCAP
16. AMCAP will open into a screen displaying what the camera is focused on. If this
does not occur, follow the steps below.
a. Click on “Capture”
b. Click on “Start Capture”
c. If you still do not receive a picture, follow the steps below.
i. Click on “Device”
ii. Make sure “CIF USB Camera (2110A) is checked
iii. Check on “Options”
iv. Make sure “Preview” is checked
v. You should now be able to see what the camera is focused on.
Posted on Mar 16, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 05, 2012 | KitchenAid KSB5 Ultra Power Work Top...
Dec 31, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 25, 2009 | GE EasyCam Webcam
Jul 11, 2009 | GE EasyCam Webcam
Jan 18, 2008 | GE 28111 Cordless Phone
Jul 19, 2006 | GE EasyCam Plus Webcam
2,558 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!