Question about GE JES1358 Microwave Oven
My wife was cooking a "baked potato" in our microwave. She had placed it on a paper plate on the turntable. She went outside for awhile to take care of what she was cooking on the grill. When I went to the kitchen, the room was full of smoke and the paper plate as well as the potato was we burnt black. Since then the microwave has not worked. Is there any hope for the microwave? I would like to fix it myself if there is any hope for it.
The unit has a flame sensor, called the cavity thermal cutout or thermostat. Chances are yours is bad now due to the fire. But it may also be the thermal cutout or thermostat. You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number (without the suffix) here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383 If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info (as well as a text file which helps in diagnosing and repairing door switch problems) at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Posted on Apr 10, 2007
Yes there is hope have a tech check your set or buy a magnetron to replace the existing one make sure you discharge the high voltage cap it store letal voltage.be careful if you are going to do it yourself.
Posted on Apr 04, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: