Question about GE JVM1870 Microwave Oven
Some advice that I have received has been that the magnetron, high voltage capacitor, or diode could be bad. Another person in this forum suggested that I check the fuses. After disconnecting the power I have partially disassembled the MWO (microwave oven). I do see two fuses - "Main Fuse" and "HVT Fuse" (High Voltage Transformer?). According to the factory schematics/parts list both fuses are 20A 65TL. Which one do you think could be causing my no heating issue? Should I replace them in any certain sequence? Any other concerns that I should be aware of prior to trying to fix the problem myself? At the end of the day... I can't/don't to afford to 1) buy a new MWO as some have suggested or 2) pay extremely high repair charges for a factory repairman regarding a hopefully simple problem that I could fix. Any help that you could provide would be greatly appreciated as my wife is getting upset that she has not been able to use her MWO for a couple of days now.
If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info (as well as a text file which helps in diagnosing and repairing door switch problems) at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number (without the suffix) here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383
Posted on Apr 10, 2007
My brother check the magnetron and the high voltage cap they are bad.or you got to take your microwave to a tech replace both component.good luck.
Posted on Apr 03, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!