- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sansa MP3 music players, made by SanDisk, are capable of playing files stored in the MP3 file format. One of the features on a Sansa MP3 player is that the screen is lockable. This prevents you from accidentally closing out a music file while listening to it. You can unlock your Sansa by pushing a switch.
Turn the Sansa on.
Locate the "Power" switch. It is on the left side of the Sansa and has an icon of a bar going through a circle. Push it down to put it into the "Locked" position.
Push the "Power" switch up to put the Sansa in the "Unlocked" position.
Try to do a reset, follow these instructions if this does not work. Reseat the battery.
Resetting your player:
1. Press and hold the Power/Menu button for approximately 20 seconds.
2. Release the Power/Menu button.
3. Press the Power/Menu button again to turn on the player.
Resetting a Sansa View, Fuze, or Clip player:
1. Slide and hold the Power switch up for approximately 20 seconds.
2. Release the Power switch.
3. To turn the player on, slide the Power switch up then release instantly.
Get the recovery tool from Sandisk Support downloads. Put it in a file you can easily find. plug in the Sansa,
once it turns on, hold the power button until it turns off then switch
the hold switch at the top edge of the player to hold (showing orange) and then hold the "Record" button
on the side until the player turns on with a black screen, saying it is
in recovery mode. Some people have said they had to hold both "Power" and "Record" to make it work. Run the recovery tool software and you should be running again.