My camera will turn on in the picture review mode, but it will not stay on when switched to the picture taking mode. The message I receive is: Turn the power off and on again. I turned the power off and on again several times with no luck.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Turn off the camera.
2. Remove the memory card.
3. Remove the batteries.
4. Wait at least 3-5 minutes.
5. Place the memory card and batteries.
6. Turn on the camera in any mode except review mode.
7. Take any ordinary picture.
8. Change the camera mode to review.
9. What happened now. Is everything normal. if not please write a comment to explain the situation.
I just fixed my daughters camera with this problem. First go to the capture mode and see if the reason you are in review mode is because the camera thinks it is docked. If so, look at the dock port on the bottom of the camera. ( May need to magnify it to see in there ) Look for any green corrosion between the contacts. Her's has this corossion between two pairs of the contacts. I took a jewelers screw driver and scraped out the corrosion and then blew canned air in there to remove it. Turned it on and now it works fine. I have a feeling that the battery compartment is venting through this port and the small amount of acid vapor produced as the batteries discharge is causing the contacts to get this corrosion.
This sounds like what started happening with my camera a few weeks ago. I found that turning the LCD screen off during picture-taking allows me to take pictures. I then have to go into review mode to look at the pictures I took using the LCD screen.
Definitely not a great fix. I'm trying to locate a firmware upgrade that may solve it.