It may be that you have the wrong printer driver. You can download the latest version at http://www.lexmark.com
Also, you can check the printer as a standalone by using the menu and testing a configuration page. If it still prints small then it is in the printer. If not your computor may be the problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
go to Menu, reports, and print out the top report.
This will show you what the printer sees as the default tray, and what paper size and type are set for each tray.
If you have plain paper in each tray, make sure that the setting page also shows that each tray is set to letter, plain.
This printer sets the tray type automatically, based on the way the tray is set. There are little tabs on the side of the tray that change as you change the size of the paper with the paper guides.
If the paper guide is set even one click off, this can cause the printer to read the paper size incorrectly, and thus will not change to the next tray. ( if it thinks that tray 2 is A4 paper, but you are printing letter, it will not change to tray 2).
if the trays ARE set correctly, but the printer is still reading it wrong, then there could be something wrong with the sensor ( metal fingers and switch ) inside the printer.
1. On the computer: - go on Print Preview, if document looks normal go to step 2. If it's small in Preview, read on. - make sure you are writing in a font of at least size 10 - make sure you don't have ticked "Shrink to fit", but adjust to 100%. - size of the paper is printing preferences is set up to A4 or Letter, depending on your region - there is a known issue with Outlook printing in small font, you need a hotfix for that
2. On the printer: - You have to go into the menu of the printer and see if there is an option for the font, if there is increase the size of it - In the menu, make sure the paper size is correct - If none of these worked, you may want to reinstall the drivers of the printer - If that does not work, you may have to put a new firmware on the printer. You can download drivers and firmware from manufacturer's website
Actually, you can change the font size through the application you're using to make your emails. Try to explore the application settings before printing your emails. The Lexmark printer nor the printer software is not capable of changing the font size of your documents on your computer.
the printer is telling you that the tray is reporting the wrong size paper. print the network menu from tray 2 if it prints out smaller than the page it will be reporting smaller than letter. if the bottom line of the outline is missing its reporting legal size paper. if you are running lettersize paper in the tray check on the left side of the tray half way down the drawer you will see a plastic snap in plate with 3 fingers the bottom 2 should be sticking out for letter size paper. you only have to be one of the small adjust teeth off to make the third finger stick out and report the wrong size paper this is a very common issue. look at the metal fingers that stick out of the frame of the options tray to make sure they are uniform and straight. if the fingers are set right and not damaged then the logic board in the tray assembly will have to be replaced
This error means that the type of paper that is configured in the printer is different from the one you have chosen in your computer to send for printing. Make sure that the paper size is the same in both places the computer program you are using and the printer. For example if I have a Letter size word document that I want to print but the printer has A4 configured then I will get the 34 short paper error but If I change the paper in the printer and the setting to letter size then everything should print fine.
After I had been attempting to adjust the paper guides in the feeder tray to accommodate statement-size paper, I finally "discovered" the drop-down door to the manual feed tray. Duh! This is a networked printer that I've only ever used for printing letter and legal sized documents until now.