Mic problems: playback works great through interface, microphone isn't being detected
I just recently bought the Edirol UA-25 interface and an Apex 435 microphone... and i've installed it and all of the drivers, etc. for the interface without a problem, it plays back sounds through winamp, itunes, windows media player, etc. PERFECTLY.
I've ran into 2 issues though. The first needs to be dealt with before the second is even relevant.
1) My computer/interface doesn't detect the microphone. The cable is secured to the mic and the interface, and the interface is set to record in advanced mode,96k, with phantom power on, as it told. However, when I go to test my mic in windows, it doesn't pick up any sound. Even with the levels all the way up. No Sound at all detected. What's the issue here?
2) Although the interface works with winamp and media playing programs, when I playback a track in Adobe Audition 1.5, it comes out of my laptop speakers, rather than through the interface! Frustrating, is there compatibility issues or do I just have something not set up correctly?
Help is greatly appreciated! Thanks
Re: Mic problems: playback works great through interface,...
Check in contraol Panel under sounds and audio devices that you are using the Edirol and not an on board sound. It sounds like although the cards installed its not selected as the audio device to record from.
You will also have to tel Adobce audition to select the Edirol as you audio card of choice as it to can be changed to select input from other sound devices.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you are sure that the microphone and the cable is OK, it could be that you're phantompower is to low.
Normally you need 48 Volt, you can check that with voltage meter between pin1-2 and 1-3 from the XLR.
I had the same problem. When I installed the Edirol software it prompted to 'reboot' and when it restarted all the lights on the Edirol came on.
Why don't you try it like that.
Hook up the Edirol
Install the software
Best of luck
The UA 25 needs a GOOD quality USB cable, the thicker the better. Cable loss means that by the time the 5V power supply from the computer reaches your Edirol, the voltage has dropped to about 4V, which then has to be boosted back up to 5 Volts and inverted to -5V.
Cheap cables will hamper performance or prevent it working at all ( I lost 2 hours once with this problme ) . Also avoid using the FRONT USB connectors on PCs, use the connectors that plug direct into the MOBO on the rear of the chasis.
I had the same problem, it was due to the charger i had for the laptop, this problem can be accomplished by purchasing STEREO leads. I do not know the reason they work, but if anyone does find out please tell me