Question about Sunbeam SBM6500W Microwave Oven
I have had a sunbeam microwave for about 3 years now, the other night I went to cook some food in it and when I turned it on, there was a pop and it wouldnt work. I'm guessing that either a fuse blew, or the lightbulb. Any ideas and any possibility that this could be easily repaired?
Here's the overview on fuse blows:
If the fuse blows as soon as you plug the oven in the wall, or when you open the door, the problem is likely with the door switches.
If the fuse blows as soon as you hit START, then it's likely that you have a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If the fuse blows a few seconds after you hit START, then it's likely that you have an overheating / shorting high-voltage transformer.
If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, troubleshooting info, door switch info, etc. at our site: http://www.microwavecontrol.com
Posted on Apr 01, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: