I was going to order a system board next but found another ML330 for $325.00 so I will just swap out the hard drives.
It actually worked for seveal hours today and then gave me a "Hard Error" so something is heating up. Probably a cold solder joint on the system board.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If too much current passes through the microwave circuitry, the line fuse will blow. If the line fuse blows, the microwave won’t start. To determine if the line fuse is at fault, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the fuse does not have continuity, replace it. In addition, you should investigate and resolve the problem that caused the fuse to blow. If you don’t resolve the underlying issue, the new fuse will blow too
Main Control Board
The main control board might be defective. However, this is rarely the case. Control boards are often misdiagnosed—check all of the more commonly defective parts. If you have determined that all of the other components are working properly,replace the main control board.
The thermal fuse cuts off power to the microwave if the microwave overheats. To determine if the thermal fuse has blown, use a multimeter to test it for continuity. If the fuse does not have continuity, replace it. The thermal fuse cannot be reset—if the fuse is blown, it must be replaced.
Since its a electrical isue cal a liscenced professiona to resolve the issue . Your microwave oven isnt at fault . I belive the supplay to it has issue and would have blown anyway.
The controller circuit (usually a small board connected directly to DVD drive - it is either part of the drive or a sub-assembly which is attached - and contains several ICs and small capacitors and a lot of surface-mounted components on its copper side) is probably faulty, possibly due to the original bad PSU (which you have since replaced), chances are the original faulty PSU has damaged this circuit - usually DVD drives operate around 12V DC or so. The digital controller circuit/board not only has the EEPROM/CPU etc. on it, but also has a servo supply - for the DVD (the VCR servo supply is on the motherboard). This powers the disc tray and traverse unit. The controller is not serviceable at component level; it must be replaced and in some cases, the DVD drive must also be replaced where the board is not separate to the drive. This may not be economical.
It may just be a simple case of a blown digital controller circuit - but be warned, this board is not cheap - it is part of a 'module' (the disc drive and controller together = DVD module), and you may not be able to obtain the board without a new DVD drive. Up to you what you do from here, and you might be lucky in terms of the motherboard and HDD - no damage there.
SCSI Hard Drive Activity LED Connector The SCSI hard drive activity LED connector is a 1 x 2-pin connector that allows an add-in SCSI controller to use the same LED as the on-board IDE controller. For proper operation, this connector should be wired to the LED output of the add-in SCSI controller. The LED indicates when data is being read from, or written to, both the add-in SCSI controller and the IDE controller.
Test the 2 pins using a multi-meter to determine which is + and which is -. Nowhere in the manual does it say which is which.
Hi- My PL4260N stopped working after about three years, the audio worked but no video at all. The TV worked fine until one day...no more picture.
I found out that the YSUS and ZSUS boards in the TC fail alot...BUT you can get new or repaired ones off of EBAY...
First check for failed components (burned, loose, bulging, etc.) if nothing obvious is failed then check the fuses on the YSUS, ZSUS, and power supply boards...usually if a board has a blown fuse the board needs to be replaced...get the part number and search it in Google and eBay and you will find options for replace/repair.
Mine had a blown fuse on the YSUS board...I got it fixed for $75 through coppell TV (they are on Ebay)....
Now my TV works fine again!
You probably need the motor conversion kit 12002039. This Neptune motor / motor control board has a high failure rate. To determine this you need to remove the front cover and inspect the motor control board near the floor on right side for burnt components or a blown 10 amp fuse. If you have burnt components or a blown fuse then your motor control board has failed and needs to be replaced. See www.neptunewaxmotor.com for Neptune disassembly pictures and other neptune information.
That would almost certainly be a problem on the control circuit board.
If the bulbs happen to short / blow out or if they are removed or installed while the microwave is still plugged in, there is often an arc which causes damage to the board.
We repair regularly these boards for such problems for $32.50 nationwide.