Both the green and red lights are on, not flashing, and the red "error" light is off. No printing takes place.
What can I do?
I have tried turning the printer off and I have restarted the computer. No change.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: It will not print.
Your info is slightly conflicting - I think.
As I remember the C60 has just 2 LED's:
1 - Green for Power
2 - Red for Error
The third button - Cartridge exchange - has no LED
Now it is a while since I looked at a C60 and my brain leaks like a sieve, but that's the way I remember it and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
The error codes I remember are:
Printer status - Indicators - Priority
Power - Error
Power ON condition On -
Ink sequence Blink -
Ink Cartridge change mode Blink -
Data processing Blink -
Paper Out *1 - On
Paper jam condition *1 - On
Ink end (Black) *1 - On -> Blink
Ink level low (Black) - Blink-> Blink
Ink end (Color) *1 - On -> Blink2
Ink level low (Color) - Blink-> Blink2
Ink end (Black and Color) - On -> On
No Ink Cartridge (Black or Color) *1 - On
Maintenance request (Ink Overflow Countererror) *1 Alt Blink Alt Blink
Fatal error *1 Off On
Special setting Blink2 Blink2
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
My C60 Epson Stylus printer is not printing. First of all the paper jammed, I pull the paper from the front and since then the catridge holder is not going to the middle to print. also the green light keepon flashing and the red light stays on. I need your help.
The heads are clogged. Unplug the printer remove the cartridges and dump them (never use the same brand of it or the same ink),pour some cleaning fluid there and leave it to soak. If you have some empty cartridges fill them with cleaning fluid and use them.
You need to count the number of flashes, usually long green then a certain number of flashes, sometimes alternating red and green flashes. I need to know the number of flashes to tell you what the error is.
If the light are flashing, it mean waste ink full. You must clean waste ink pad, and reset the counter. You can use SSC, find at indoreset.blogspot.com. But,.. you said the light are on. try to resinstall driver. after printer recognised by comp, check status monitor. Green light on is power on, and red on mean chip error/ink out error/cartridge error.
There are actually some certain meaning on the red light and green
light showing different information to user. The summaries are: 1) Green On, Red Off = Printer Ready. 2) Green Fast-Flashing, Red Fast-Flashing = Printer warm up. 3) Green Fast-Flashing, Red Off = Printer off-line. 4) Green Slow-Flashing, Red Off = Processing Data. 5) Green Off, Red On = Cover Opened, Toner Empty or Developer Unit / Drum unit missing. 6) Green Off, Red Fast-Flashing = Paper Jam or waiting for jam reset. 7) Green Off, Red Slow-Flashing = Paper Empty or Paper tray is not inserted. 8) Green Off, Red Off = Printer power is off. 9) Green Very-Slow-Flashing, Red Off = Printer in sleep mode. 10) Green (any condition above), Red Slow-Flashing = Toner low or paper empty.
So what is your printer condition? Better know what is going on your printer so can solve the problem.