HOW TO CLEAN ROLLERS OF LEXMARK E120
Please follow the steps below on how to clean the roller of Lexmark E120.
1. Remove the fill plug from the right side of the cartridge. (Developer roller facing away from you). Dump out any remaining toner from the hopper.
2. On the left side, remove the two small screws and the gear cover.
3. Remove the center screw on the developer roller cover.
4. Lift up the developer roller cover from the center, and remove. Be careful not to damage the plastic pins on the cover.
5. Remove the doctor blade spring.
6. The doctor blade is now loose. Carefully lift it out, watching the contact spring on the right side. Also, be careful not to damage the retaining blade that is located under the doctor blade.
7. On the large black drive gear, there is a locking star washer pressed onto the shaft. With a small pair of wire cutters, cut the old washer off, and remove. You can try to bend up the different legs of the washer, but that is very time consuming, and most likely at least one leg will break anyway and the washer will still have to be replaced.
8. Remove the large black drive gear. Make sure you don't loose the small flat washer from under where the star washer was.
9. On the white developer roller gear, take the tips of your small wire cutters, and place them into the two small holes. Spin the gear so the metal shaft is in the slot on the opposite side of the gear. Remove the gear.
10. Remove all the gears.
11. Remove the three screws and gear alignment plate.
12. With a small flat head jeweler's screwdriver, pry off the metal lock from the developer roller bushing.
13. Turn the developer roller bushing so the plastic tab is facing up.
14. Lift the developer roller out of the cartridge. The bushing will come off with the roller.
15. . Clean out any remaining toner from the hopper. Make sure the developer roller retaining blade does not get damaged!
-->Wipe the developer roller down with a clean lint free cloth. Testing is ongoing, but for now, do not use any chemicals to clean it.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Apr 16, 2011 |
Lexmark E120 Laser Printer