An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: discs wont play
What is the model and brand of your dvd player kindly post it on this website and please say how long the set have been refusing disc, and how old is the dvd player will be awaiting.you can contact me through fixya or my email [email protected] see ya
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) Turn on the player with no disc in the tray
Wait till the unit is at the Samsung logo screen.
2) Open then close the tray, wait to see the No-Disc Message in the top Left Corner
3) Now press the REPEAT button on the remote, followed by a five digit code.
In this case Repeat 29334
4) When it works a 1 will appear in the top left corner
5) Press 9 to make it regionless.
6) Press Eject to OPEN to open the disc tray.
7) Press Eject to CLOSE to close the disc tray.
8) Power the unit off
9) Now power the unit on again, it should now read all regions of DVD Disc.
Turn on the unit with no disc in the unit. The No Disc message should be visible Press the following keys in this sequence Repeat (not the A-B Repeat, just the plain Repeat) Fast rewind button (just below the Disc Menu button) Play button Down button Down button Right Button
The number 9 should now appear towards the left of the screen.
Open then close the disc draw
Turn off the unit and then on again. You should now be able to play DVDs from any region
I found a "hack' to make mine work :)
1. Open the tray 2. Press "Setup": Menu Screen should appear 3. Press "8-8-8-8" ( if you changed the password, you might have to change it back to 8888 ) The region number should appear on upper right corner. No other notation. Typically just the numeral "1". 4. Use the right (->) or left (<-) arrow keys to change the region to 255 for all regions.
5. Use the up or down button to go to 3001 and 4000. I had to change 4000 to 4001 to get mine to work, 6. Press "Setup" to exit.
It was a big relief to find this hack, because I misplaced my receipt and thought I was simply out of $30.
I have the same problem with my DP313 Norcent. I found though that it will play recorded dvds. It also will play older Dvds and some Anime ones. It will play older recorded mp3s but NOT newer ones, I'm not sure if it's because they are burned at a faster rate or what. Also it will not play any of the new dvds except as stated before some of the Anime ones. It pays to try everything out to ensure it not a mechanical problem. I found it's not with mine, but still unsure why it won't play new dvds?