For Christmas my mother bought me a Sanyo 6MP Xacti Digital Camera.On 3/22 my camera fell and half of the screen was blank.I was going to buy a new one. When a friend of recommend to see if it can get repaired...
After some work I think I have an idea how to repair a broken lcd screen on your Sanyo 6MP Xacti Digital Camera. Perhaps this will also work on other cameras.
1. Unscrew the 6 screws around the camera. Facing the lens you will find 2 screws on right side, 3 screws in the bottom and 1 screw on left side - there is also 1 screw under left side panel that you can unscrew after carefaully lifting of the panel.
2. Remove front panel.
3. Look at attached photo and unscrew the 2 screws that hold the back cover (it took me some time to find them I can tell). Perhaps you need to remove some screws that holds the curcuit board.
4. Remove the wiring shown on the photo that holds the lcd screen.
5. Remove the back panel and unscrew the 3 screws that holds the small lcd screen small curcuit board.
For the moment I don't know there to buy a new lcd screen but I guess it will be possible to find at a repair shop on Internet. For other marks I have found lcd screens for about $60.
Oh boy, yes this can be repaired. It si a very common occurance only not everyone is honest about it. If you have the owner's manual, you will find a contact number in it. The Sanyo call centre will be able to direct you to an authorized shop in your area. Another choice is to use Fixya's find a repair shop feature.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sanyo will replace it for $50 if you mail it to them. Just contact them for the address and slip. This is common. The parts are hard to find. Your best bet would be ebay COPY AND PASTE THIS LINK IN YOUR ADDRESS BAR;
I have intermittent problems of this type too. Occasionally I get a blank screen in the display mode.
Does the red light on the back of your camera flash while the screen is dark? Mine does.
It is beginning to bug me a lot. It may be because I got my camera wet in the past (and hence I have broken my camera), but I doubt that would result in a partial failure.
I think that the Xacti HD1/HD2 has issues a bit like a blue screen of death on an old Windows computer when faced with storage problems.
I.e. it works but crashes sometimes when it cannot store to its storage medium.
These things work for me
1) Turning the power on and off via the button underneath the screen.
2) Removing and re-inserting the SD card. 3) Turning the power on and off by removing the battery.
4) Using a different (and faster?) SD card. I am still using my HD2, but I am finding that I must attempt solutions 1-3 about once a day.
It could be because the card I have been using recently is not fast enough. The HD2 accepts both SD and SDHC cards. My SDHC card (which is newer) seems to result in fewer problems, either because the SDHC format is more suited to the Xacti HD2 or becaues the SDHC card I have is faster that then SD card I have. I suspect problems with the speed of the card. I am using cheap SD cards.