I think I removed the USB cable from my computer too early and the screen on the Gigabeat machine is now frozen and will not respond to pressing any button. I have tried to turn off the battery also to no avail. I think that the software is stuck. The only thing I can think to do is to remove the battery. Is there any other solution?
I was loading some songs onto my gigabeat s30gb and unplugged it too early and the screen was frozen on the battery is low. it wouldnt respond to anything i did. i tried reseting it by flicking the black switch underneath it. this worked fine and i didnt lose any of my files.hope this helps
Well, it would be really easy to take off the battery. The battery is simply plugued with a little 3-pin wire, u just pull on it and put it back in. Now to open that gigabeat, its pretty easy. I even got some images for u. Go at this website (its for the F10 and u have the F40, but its the same thing):
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This error usually happens when the firmware has been corrupted or deleted. The easiest way to correct this is by updating the firmware. You may also try to restore the firmware data by following the steps below.
1. Connect the gigabeat to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Start Explorer on the PC.
3. Open the folder in which the gigabeat room is installed. --> The folder in which the gigabeat room is installed can be opened by clicking [Start] [All Programs] [TOSHIBA gigabeat room 2.0] [gigabeat room 2.0 Program Folder]. Usually, the folder will be found in C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\gigabeat room 2.0.
4. If you can't find the folder, please go inside the gigabeat then click on [tools], [folder option], go to [view tab] then select [show hidden files and folders].
5. Now, inside the gigabeat root, copy a folder named "GBSYSTEM" located in the folder that was opened in Step 3.
6. Use "Safely Remove Hardware" and disconnect the gigabeat.
To transfer music files to your gigabeat, simply connect it to the PC via USB cable. A gigabeat window will pop up on your screen and will direct you to WMP 11 (make sure to click the "Complete" button, or it will not take you to WMP 11). Once you're in WMP 11, assemble the list of music you wish to transfer and press "Sync". The program will automatically begin transferring data to your gigabeat.
Try formatting the drive. Use either RealPlayer, Windows Media Player or Media Monkey to synchronize your music. You can drag and drop, but I dont advise that as I believe that leads to crash and format itself. DO NOT remove the USB cable while it is uploading. If you need to stop synching, you must first close the programe you're using before disconnecting.
Yeah I found my Gigabeat froze a few different times when I was getting used to it.
Solution: at the bottom of player there is a little battery on/off switch - its tiny and black but you would have needed to switch it on to first use it. Well turn it off here for 10 seconds and the on again. This removes all power from the hard drive and circuits which occassionally freeze.
Hope that helps