My Rio Forge suffered an unfortunate accident in which he was thrown to my feet when I had to slam on the brakes of the car. Since then, he refuses to turn on. I'm not excited about opening him up but I really don't know what else to do. Don't let my Rio die...
I'm so glad for these web search solutions for the product site was of no help. Open heart surgery seemed risky, but the forge couldn't get any worse. Off with a couple of screws, pry it open, another two screws, blow on it a few times, put back together and like magic, all is good.
I actually got it to work after all. I did some open heart surgery and pushed a piece that had fallen out of place back where it belonged and he turned on again. Unfortunately, he is no longer able to remember where on a playlist he was but at least he works
Try plugging it into your computer with your usb cable. If it comes on run the firmware update for your player. If that doesn't work try giving it a good smack. Doesn't sound very helpful I know but that is what I did when I dropped mine on the cement and it quit. What did I have to lose it wasn't working anyway.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you are suffering from the Digital licensing information encryption from the majors, which ITunes will NOT agree to. That's how the music industry is making it's muscle show, with this sort of tawdry nonsense. I don't believe there's a s/w upgrade on this, unfortunately. There is a slight possibility that your software might have an interpreter, yet your Rio being that old, not for certain.
Mine wasn't recognising the player through the USB cable so I followed Mantraguy's instructions to reload the firmware. Make sure though that you hold down the menu key before you switch on the player. Then it shows upgrade and you can reload the firmware. Of course you will lose all the songs on the internal memory but if it isn't working anyway.
1. go to http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/r....asp?prodID=213 and download update 1.33
2. install update in C:\RioForge\Flash133
3. run RioForgeFlash_133.exe from C:\RioForge\Flash133
4. press Rio Forge menu button and turn the unit on. "upgrader" will appear on screen.
5. plug USB cable to RioForge.
6. click "next" on Rio Upgrade Wizard. Wizard will detect your player. Select and click "next". Upgrade will take place.
7. Unplug Rio Forge from USB and turn it on.