After coming on the screen will start to go white. Turning the unit off then on seems to fix the screen except everything on the screen is in reverse. Also have the sound problem, but can hear a slight scrathing sound when the voice is supposed to be saying something. Wondering if its worth getting it fixed with the way GPS prices are falling.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
For clarification: You turn on your unit, the blue magellan logo appears clearly, but then the screen slowly starts turning white. Turning the unit off/on fixes the white but images are in reverse.
CAUTION: It would help if you were grounded in some way prior to proceeding. Also, of course do this at your own risk.
Make sure the cable going from the main board to the LCD is making a solid connection:
1. Take screws out of rear housing
2. Slightly seperate the rear/front housing
3. Disconnect the RF cable attached on the corner of the main board.
4. Pull off (or locate if they already fell off) 4 O rings from the screw mounts.
5. Fold over mainboard ontop of rear housing
6. Use fingernail or tweezers to lift up the plastic locking mechanism that attaches your LCD to the backside of your mainboard.
7. Pull out LCD cable, inspect for "gunk" on conacts (clean if necessary)
8. Shove cable back into slot on mainboard
9. Press down locking mechanism
10. fold mainboard back over
11. Put 4 O rings back on screw mounts
12. PLUG RF CABLE BACK IN! (signal will be zero if this doesn't happen)
13. Fit together front/back and screw back in.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
same issue with my 47le5900 - I have fixed it... if I look through the back panel I can see a circuit board on the right... coming out of this at the top are two flat data cables, each about 1 1/2 inches wide, one is labeled (L) the other (R), it seems the (R) one was a little loose, so I pressed it downwards with a small screwdriver, problem solved.
Hello You haven't given the exact model number ot your LG DVD, so I can only give you a general solution to this problem. Get into its meny, surf through, come to SYSTEM adjust window, change the system. If a NTSC system recorded disc played with PAL system adjustment with DVD, there will be only black/white pciture, and vice versa. Adjust it to the color system thathave been adopted your country. this must solve the problem. OK.
Are you using third party toner? That is one thing that causes that problem. Use only xerox toner.
The other thing is that your image unit could have come defected, if it was brand new. Try changing the image unit and that should fix that problem. Good luck. 016-1993-00 image unit & toner 016-1977-00
HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING THE REELS OVER? ON SOME PANASONIC UNITS THE REELS CAN BE PLAYED IN EITHER DIRECTION BUT THE SOUND IS REVERSED IF THE REELS ARE UP SIDE DOWN. TRY TURNING THE REELS OVER AND IT SHOULD STRAIGHTEN OUT YOUR AUDIO PROBLEM AS WELL AS BOOST THE VOLUME
I had the same problem with my phone, had it fixed once under warranty a few months later had the same problem. They told me it would cost a fortune to fix, I was about ready to give up until i examined the phone a bit further, it seemed as though the contacts on the battery were somewhat worn, I simply packed some paper between the battery case and the top of the battery, seemed to fix the problem for now.