I have had this unit for a few months. I have only used the battery charger 6 or 7 times and now the battery no longer charges. It doesn't matter how long I leave the battery and charger plugged in, the green "charging" light on the battery never goes off. The red "power" light on the battery comes on when it is connected to the charger and the green power indicater light comes on when the charger is plugged in.I am assuming that because the lights come on, the charger and batter are receiving power. As far as I know there has been no damage done to the battery or charger. The battery will power the dvd player. I am no longer using the battery to power it though because I don't want the batter to completely die. What can I do to fix this?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi Martha, had a bit of a look around and noticed a few mentions of charging problems including the following - 'One of these units was apparently dead on arrival and on further investigation, it worked off mains but not from battery. The battery comes out from a flap underneath the unit, and on testing with a multimeter, it was under voltage, so must have been old stock. Despite 2 days of charging, no life, so I ordered a replacement battery (RITAR RT1250 or equivalent 12v battery) and it works fine. I also have a proper battery charger rather than use this unit's own charger, which charges the battery rapidly, but I think at the cost of battery lifespan. Given that I use this unit infrequently, this is fine, otherwise use the internal charger as normal. With the new battery, I've never managed to run out of battery.. it will keep going all day on a single charge.
The manual does state that if you don't charge the unit at least every 6 months, it may not charge.'
I know it's not exactly a resolution but hope it helps!
Always charge batteries before using it for the first time, or if you have not used it for a long period. 3 months is a very long period.
Always charge sets of batteries (2 or 4) together.
Make sure your rechargeable batteries are all good. One defect in a set is killing for the whole set
Don't use barrettes from different sets or brands together.
I had one brand good NiMH batteries and a very expensive charger from the same brand. The charger destroyed all my rechargeable (more than 60 now). When I first discovered the batteries were dropping out, I stopped using the charger, but it did not prevent all batteries to die in the following months. Every time on dropped out I had to change the set. I tried using up the others by grouping the ones with the same Ri, but not longer then a few months and I had a box full to trow away.
Never use a quick charger, capable of charging them within an hour or faster. Us a charger that indicates the Ri is still low enough, so you can see what batteries are bad.
Check you are using a charger for NiMH batteries.
I would try another set (new) because buying Alkaline is also not cheap.
I used 2700 mAh and later 2600 mAh rechargeable, all dead now. since a few weeks I'm now using 2300 mHh from another brand, costing 1/5 of the "best" I had before, and they are doing great. I won't charge them with the quick charger.
Never use manganese (Zinc-Carbon) batteries in electronic devices.
These batteries are only to be used in flash lights.
Although the manuals nothing says about flashing red light on charger, my best guess is the battery is defect.
Try to remove the battery several times and start the charging again and again. But when after a few attempts the LED starts flashing again, you better buy a new battery. When you don't use the camera for a longer period, make it a habit, to charge the battery every 3 months or so.
1. Turn off your phone when it's not in use. If you're not using your Verizon Wireless Razr, then shut it off. Your battery will last much longer if you regularly do this. 2. Charge your phone less. If you charge your Razr nightly, then your cell phone battery won't last long. Try to charge your phone only a few times a week to extend the battery life. 3. Keep your Bluetooth turned off when you're not using it. Applications, like Bluetooth, are notorious for sucking the power from a cell phone battery. 4. Protect your Razr from extreme temperatures. Your cell phone battery lasts longer if kept at room temperature. 5. Discharge the Razr fully. Before you charge your phone, let it completely die. You can extend the life of the battery by regularly discharging and then fully charging it. 6. Leave the battery in the phone. Keep the Razr battery dry and free of dirt to prolong its life.
I leave my 18 volt batteries charging year round even if I do not use my drill I switch batteries about once a month to keep them both up to snuff. your new chargers are made to do that unless the instructions tell you not to. I was told even new batteries will not hold their charge if allowed to completely run down and stay there.
the 1103 uses an onboard charger. Charger's life span is about 3 years; some fail in 6 months, some in 6 years keep in mind. You can charge the 1103 using an offboard charger which are available for about $50.00 on Ebay. Search for electric wheelchair charger. You want one that has a 4 to 6 amp rating.
The offboard charger has a 3-prong connector on one end and the other plugs into a grounded wall outlet. Plug the charger into an outlet and the three prong connector into the female three prong connector located at the bottom front of the joystick. Give it a good overnight charge and it should be back up to snuff in the morning.
Is this a toy? Is this equipped with deep cell batteries? Checked the water? Check the voltage of each battery in the pack ... should be 6 volts each ... charger putting out? Check while charging ... should be 25+ volts (make sure you measure DC.
If you have a battery that is particularly low ... it will have to be charged independently ... If this is the case, with a 6 volt charger - charge that battery. If you have two batteries that measure low ... you can charge with a 12 volt battery. You will not have to disconnect anaything to do this ... just watch what you are doing ... do not use the unit charger AND the 6 or 12 volt charger at the same time.
Not sure if this is a solution or if it occurred by chance. Like many on here, I put my Jabra JX10 away for a few months while not using it. The time come for me to need it once again and found that it was dead. Made an attempt to charge the unit with negative results. The unit would only show a green "charged" LED indicator as if the unit was fully charged. I tried plugging the unit into the charger multiple times, and took the cradle out of the loop and just used the AC cord alone. Still with the same results.
I pulled the outside cover off (slowly), to be sure not to break the small fragile tabs that hold it in place. The battery takes up majority of the space. Removed the battery but DID NOT disconnect from unit. Plugged the charge cord into the unit and immediately got a red LED charging indicator. While charging, placed the battery back inside and put the outside cover back on. The unit continued to charge for a little over an hour before the green LED "charged" indicator came on. I used the unit throughout the day to test it with no problems.
Not sure what removing the battery from unit did, especially when it was not disconnected, but it worked.
I hope to see similar results.
if you allow the unit to be plugged into the pc for around 4-5 hours, it should come back on. the only problem with this situation is that if the unit has not been used for 6 months, the li-ion battery may now be bad. li-ion batteries must have a charge in them, when they completely discharge, they become useless.