Anytime I try to cook something for more than a few minutes (say, making rice in the microwave or defrosting something), the microwave just shuts off mid-heating, then comes on again some 20 minutes later. When the door is opened it is often very steamy inside, indicating to me that some overheating sensor has been tripped.
This model has the built in fan, and the door does open during heating and the fan sounds like it may be running, it just simply isn't cooling the microwave or removing the excessive steam.
I did not install this microwave myself, so I'm hoping to get some advice on where to start looking for the solution before I start tearing apart my new kitchen!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
why are you cooking rice for 30 minutes in a microwave????? the problem is that a microwave IS NOT A RICE COOKER!!!use a rice cooker or use instant rice and heat the water for 2 1/2 minutes only!! OR BURN DOWN YOUR HOUSE!!
Cover with the lid and turn the heat down to its lowest setting. Leave it alone - once the lid is on, set the timer and go away! If you lift the lid and let the steam out you can slow down the cooking process, and rice should always be cooked as briefly as possible. Give white rice 15 minutes and brown rice 40 and use a timer - overcooking is what spoils rice. The best way to test if it is cooked is simply to bite a grain. Another way is to tilt the pan and, if liquid collects at the edge, it will need a couple more minutes' cooking.
Your microwave has a Humidity Sensor and is designed to shut down when too much humidity collects in the microwave. It will start again once humidity level has decreased. Wipe down the inside of your microwave often. If there is already moisture in the unit before you cook pop corn, you're just adding more humidity to it. If this continues to be a problem, I would contact the manufacturer for resolve. If you found any of these suggestions helpful, please rate my solution. D. Lange
my kenmore microwave model # 66222, doesn't let the steam out, its ventilated so I know thats not the problem, smells like its burning then shuts off and doesn't come back on until its cooled off, this happened when cooking a Baked Potato, also when I cook something for over 5 minutes