Question about GE JVM1451BA/WA/AA Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Power comes, turn table and lights come on but no heat... their is a faint plastic metallic smell. I took out the fuse and then the microwave wouldn't power on at all. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jamison

Posted by Jamison Shaffer on


1 Answer

William Miller

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • GE Master
  • 9,179 Answers

Sounds like the fuse is working fine! *grin* It's probably a bad magnetron or high voltage transformer. Since it's GE, it's much more likely to be the mag. If you or a friend decide to work on it, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: You can find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your base model number (without the suffix) here:

Posted on Mar 20, 2007


Add Your Answer


Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Pt 970 microwave won't heat up it has power light comes on turn table spins but it will not heat up water, what do I check

if it has a fuse check it if its ok check diode and then magnetron it is the most commen component that goes good luck

May 31, 2018 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Why does my microwave turntable turn when I open the door?

We recommend you have the microwave evaluated by an authorized service center.

Authorized service centers can be located in the below link.

May 01, 2014 | Panasonic NN-H965WF - Microwave Oven...

1 Answer

Mbbs 01 thermador micro oven: timer counts down, lights go on, but no heat, no fan and turntable does not turn. is it a fuse?

Key clue is table does not move---All microwaves with a table have a lever switch that is engaged when door closes--only can get at from inside the unit----it prevents the unit from operation if door not closed.

What happens from closing door a lot is the switch with a lever arm can come loose or even if snapped into a plastic holder break out of the holder.

IF this it is not too expensive a repair.

Jun 16, 2012 | Thermador MBBS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have a MH2155xpq2 microwave. Everything works, comes on, table turns lights come on and I can here it running , but it does not heat anything. We eard a loud pop sound then it stopped heating, but...

Fuses are cheap. UNPLUG IT FIRST! Remove the top plastic grill by pushing the top edges down and tilt the top of it out. VERY CARFULL it is cheap plastic and easy to break the tabs. You will then see a single screw at the top of the key pad, remove it. Then the entire key pad "Slides Up" has little CHEAP plastic hooks on the left and metal hooks on the right. Once you slide it (key pad) up, it should fold down like a door. The fuse is on the right side and there is a BLACK plastic bag with the tech specs inside top right. THAT BEING SAID, the loud pop very likely was NOT the fuse. Probably a diode, some kind of short or the magnatron. But as I said fuses are cheap and easy to tell if bad. Just look at it (fuse). AGAIN UNPLUG IT FIRST and let it set for an hour or two BEFORE working on it. It also has a VERY LARGE HV Capacitor in it.

Jan 03, 2011 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave not heating and giving burnt plastic smell

STOP USING IT!! UNPLUG IT!! Microwaves are inexpensive now. It will cost you more than a new one costs, to get it fixed.

Apr 02, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a Kenmore Elite microwave oven... 69-65e05590-000637. We noticed that it would not heat food or liquids... played with the power level a bit and it started to heat again...then a day or two later we...

Is this oven still under warranty? If so, take advantage. If not, remove the power plug and the case. Short out, with a screwdriver, the large can-shaped capacitor with two terminals sticking out. Check the wiring and circuit board for signs of burning. If everything looks ok, remove the thin sheet metal wave guide that sits above or beside the microwave energy port into the cooking cavity. Under the sheet metal, there is a metal fan-like device called a 'stirrer' that has a plastic bearing. Remove this stirrer and smell the bearing. If it smells like the burning wire smell, replace the stirrer. You can buy it through 'Sears Parts' online.

Sep 14, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Cuisinart CMW-100 , wont heat or turn the table? all else o.k.

We changed the 20amp fuse and that was not the problem so we returned it to Macy's. If anyone knows of a reliable brand of microwave today please let us know. All the reviews on microwave ovens recently are bad.

Jul 30, 2009 | Cuisinart CMW-100 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

No heating or power to microwave oven

You have a fuse in the back that's problem is blown

Mar 13, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Emerson Microwave MW8115SS

there is a thermal fuse inside that is likely blown.
easy to replace just have to google bullet thermal fuse.

May 11, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

75 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts


Level 3 Expert

3063 Answers


Level 3 Expert

501 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

6242 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides