Did you purchase it open-box or second-hand? If so, you shouldn't be surprised at the lack of a manual. If you bought it new, it may not have come with one.
I personally have one of these joysticks, but I bought it so long ago that I can't remember if it came with a manual or not.
Either way, there really isn't much need for a manual for this joystick. It doesn't have any very advanced features that would require a manual. It's very simple to use:
- Plug it in to an open USB port on your computer.
- It should be automatically detected by your operating system. If not, you may have a defective joystick or a defective USB port. Try the joystick in another USB port. If the problem persists, check Logitech's website.
- In Windows, click Start->Control Panel->Game Controllers. You should see the joystick listed. Select it and click Properties.
- It should open a new window to the "Test" tab, where you can make sure all the buttons work. I suggest you click on the "Settings" tab at the top left.
- Click "Calibrate..." and follow the prompts. It'll ask you to keep the joystick centered and press a button on the joystick (use one of the side buttons such as 11 or 12 so that you don't inadvertently move the joystick from center).
- Then it'll ask you to move the joystick in complete circles. Do this several times and advance to the next step.
- It'll ask you to move the throttle slider up and down. Do this several times and advance to the next step.
- It'll ask you to set the "Z-rotation," which is the left/right twist of the handle. Do this several times.
- It'll ask you to center it and press a button. See step 5 above.
Now the joystick should be calibrated and ready for use. If you have multiple game controllers, you may want to click the "Advanced" tab back in the Game Controllers window and make sure the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro is selected as the preferred device.
Now start whatever game you want to use it with. You'll probably have to configure what you want the buttons on your joystick to do within the game; follow the instructions that came with the game.
Pretty simple, and like I said, there are no advanced macro functions or anything like that for this joystick.