This sound like the Magnatron (this warms the food) has gone out and needs replaced! To be honest with you ,unless you can do this repair yourself it might be cheaper to buy a new oven
I hope I was of help!
(Please rate! This is what keeps this site free!)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
No heat would mean the magnetron circuit has failed. It's the part that generates the microwaves that heat the food. If it is making a loud buzzing noise, it could mean that the magnetron or the high voltage diode has failed. Since there exists high voltages inside the oven, would require a qualified service person to repair. However, if the magnetron has failed, would recommend buying a new oven since the parts alone can cost as much as a new oven.
Is there any unusual noise or is it louder or quieter than normal?
A loud buzz, hum, or groan is usually a
shorted high voltage rectifier diode, but a sound like gurgling into an
empty coffee mug is one symptom of a failed magnetron, and yet the mag can
be bad without that sound. We have a sound clip of what a microwave should sound like when the cooling fan and high voltage section are working.
You can order
parts for this from Encompass here or call them toll-free at 866-779-5835.
happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your
thoughtful rating of our answer.
Hi, this is common in most microwaves. this abnormal noise is coming from a faulty Magnetron. this device is responsible for the heating process and, it is damaged and not heating at all at this point.Simply replace the Magnetron and, this unit will start to heat once more.
if everything works except the heating, it is most likely the mag tube is on its way out.........that is the most common reason for it not too cook.......since the microwave is a GE and it is 3.5 years old, i would say you are better off buying a new microwave, the mag tube starts at around $70.00 and up + the labor it costs too have a service person put it in........around another $60.00