Question about Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer
It's possible that you may also need to replace the color ink cartridge. If this is not the case, then the message you're receiving could be due to any of a number of factors:
1) Make sure that you've removed the sticker and transparent tape from the new cartridge before installing it.
2) Make sure that the new cartridge is snapped in securely, and that the lid over it is snapped close.
3) Make sure that the black cartridge is on the left and the color one is on the right (silly as this may seem, it can actually cause problems).
4) If all of these are done and you still get the same message, you might try powering off and back on.
5) If it still doesn't recognize the ink, you might have a clogged print nozzle. To clean the print nozzles, click Start Menu > Programs > Dell Printers > Dell Photo AIO Printer 922 > Dell Printer Solution Center. On the "Maintenance" tab, click "Clean to fix horizontal streaks" - then click "Print."
I hope this helps you - please let me know if you still have problems, or if I can be of any other assistance.
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Do use original ink carts because thirdparty ones have a different construction and wont be accepted by printer sometimes.
When (re-)inserting press ink cart into assy and clip the support over the edge.
Please check the other carts, too. They may be empty.
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: