Question about AT&T 5840 Cordless Phone
I have a problem with this AT&T 5840, The Handset for no reason finds itself searching for the base unit. There are times I'm right next to the base and I will pick it up and press the button and it will start to search. After searching sometimes it finds the base some times it goes to a blank screen and never returns until I put it in the cradle. It's a nice looking phone but this is become a real proble If I dont get a solution in the can it goes.
SOURCE: the cordless handset for my
For now simply try unlugging everything from the outlets for about minutes.If that does not work,I will locate the info tomorrow about some other possibilities.Different makers have different ways to access the program part and I will look for what may cause it.Good luck,Greg
Posted on Dec 25, 2010
SOURCE: tring to add a handset
The process is called "Registering."
From another fixya post:
1. Make sure to charge the handset battery pack at least 12 hours.
2. Using the soft keys on the base located below the base screen, press MENU.
3. Use the up or down arrow keys to select DISPLAY BASE ID.
4. Press OK. The base screen will display the 15-digit Base ID
code for about 30 seconds, then the unit returns to the idle
screen. Write down the Base ID code on a piece of paper.
5. At the cordless handset, use the soft key to select NEW.
6. Enter the 15-digit Base ID code using the number keypad.
7. Use the soft key to select OK. The screen displays PLEASE
8. After about 45 seconds, the screen displays FOUND BASE. If the handset displays BASE BUSY TRY LATER, the base is in
Posted on Mar 22, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!