Hi I have a dell 17 inch lcd monitor, and all it does is turn on and show vertical lines all through the screen. It did work but dosen't now, it changes colors up to a point. first its white when I turn it on then its colorful after.
I have a similar problem on a Dell 9200 Inspiron with a 17-inch 1440x900 LCD. Apparently this is a known issue for Dell and they have extended the warranties to cover this for free. I just got off the phone with them and they're fixing my for free. Call them.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Around here, "previously-owned" 17-inch LCD monitors are available for $50. If you take your monitor to a TV/video technician, it will cost *MORE* than $50 for "labour" by the technician to trouble-shoot.
Buy a replacement monitor, and responsibly recycle the old monitor.
The vertical lines could be caused by the Graphics card/Motherboard or the LCD screen itself. Try to unplug the LCD cable at the tower and look for the self test feature that will be displayed on the LCD screen. If the screen is good it means the Graphics card is faulty (if expansion) or Motherboard (if integrated).
your monitor got a hardware problem:
1) the LVDS controler board out of work, only change or repair it could be fixed.
2) if you can see some show like smaller signal detect windows in the centre of screen a very short time (bright flashing one time), this is inverter board damaged or worn lamps, thay all need repair or replace
hope give you some idea. please take a rating let me know how much helped you thanks!
you need to replace switching transistor 2SC5707 in the Power Inverter Board.
This parts is used to fix Some dell and hp lcd monitor.
DELL E172FPb, E173FPb. HP Pavilion F1703, Pavilion F1503.
If you can't get this item to work let me know, I can help
I have fixed a lot of these monitor with no problem.