Microwave was fine in the morning. In the evening I noticed that the display board was not lit up. when I turned it on nothing worked. I moved around the cord and pushed and wiggled the oven. The display pannel then lit up. When I turned it on everything worked but it did not heat up at all.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
More than likely it will be one of the three door switches. Also check the internal fuse in the unit. The fuse if blown is just a symptom, not the problem. It doesn't always blow out but the right combination of switches bad will take it out.
If you have got the manual, I would go about this as you were starting the oven for the first time. Start with setting the clock, if that works the rest should be easy, unless it is the on/off button is not working.
Then you will have to take the micro to an electrician.
After calling many numbers, I was put in contact with the manufacturer, Galanz Microwave, and was told that that beeping is due to a burned out part in the keypad that is not servicable. I, too, have this annoying model!
Same thing happened to us. We just came back from Sears, where we bought another. Just for giggles, my wife suggested unplugging the old one and plugging it back in again. It works now. New one's going back to the store.
Time for a service call. Should not turn on by itself at any cause.
Circuit board is my guess. May be cheaper/easier to get new microwave. My first one lasted about 15 yrs--and the circuit board (touchpad) died. Bought new microwave oven.