Linksys wireless broadband router and wireless access point
I am getting a steady orange light on my router and the wap linked to it. i have resetted and resetted a thousand times to give a steady white light but it still gives me orange. how can i fix this?????? i have tried the support on linksys but still to no avail. now i can only use my desktop pc where the wireless router is attached but my two laptops and another desktop cannot find a signal because of the steady orange light. accdng to linksys, the steady orange light means it did not connect very well and i should get a steady white light to know that the wireless is working.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: linksys wireless broadband router and wireless access...
I would love to help you with all the resources and knowledge I have, however, this would require online chatting kind of. You either reach me using the live chat feature of Fixya or just add my msn id in your messenger : [email protected] Whenever I am online, I would assist you.
Again, if the above given suggestion is not possible, please give me the following details:
1. exact model no (on the bottom panel)
2. firmware version (if possible)
3. no. of hard wired PCs (directly connect)
4. No of wireless computers
6. any other device connected to the router
7. status of internet on the hard wired PCs
8. status of wireless computers
9. The status of lights on the router (dont forget to specify the labels on top of the lights to make things clearer)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You cannot use a Wireless Access Point (WAP) to connect directly to your IPS's modem. A WAP does not provide the ability to share a single IP address on the internet like a router does.
Either return the WAP for a refund and buy a wireless router or buy an Ethernet wired-only router and plug the WAP into the LAN side of that router. You would then plug the WAN side of the Ethernet wired router into your modem.
If you can access the configuration page of the router then check the IP configuration. Check WAN and LAN configurations. IP 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 will able u to access configuration page. Username and password hopefully be admin admin.
First RESET your router to defaults settings.Press RESET button for 10 seconds it is in back side of router. Then connect your router to computer with ethernet cable then you can access it with default link http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 Type user as "admin" and password as "admin" or blank or "password" Then you can see configuration page of router. Then configure your router again set WAN settings as your interent service provider. Enable DHCP if you want iip automatic from router. CLcik on wireless and enable it .Configure your router as WEP or WAP then add code it is your password to connect internet. Then save and restart router and computer. Then connect internet. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for using FixYa.
You can still use your existing Linksys router with your cable modem. In fact the router your have is designed to work with DSL/Cable Broadband connections.
1. Make sure to properly connec the devices in your network. Modem will be connected to the Internet port of the router. Then, laptop will be connected to one of the 4 Ethernet ports of the router. For initial setup of your router with modem, you need to hardwire laptop to the router.
2. Press and hold reset at the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
3. After 15 seconds turn off the router and then turn off the modem. Wait for a minute.
4. Power on modem and wait for the lights to be ready.
5. When modem lights are on, turn on router.
6. There should be 4 lights on. Power should be steady green. Internet, WLAN and Ethernet port.
7. Checked if you have Internet connectivity on your laptop while it is wired to the router.
8. If Internet is working, disconnect laptop from wired connection to the router and check available wireless network that laptop can detect.
9. The default wireless network name that the Linksys router broadcasts is "linksys". Connect to it which is an unsecured wireless network.
10. Once you are successfully connected, check Internet.
This is an old router. Look at the power light. You must have a STEADY power light. RESET the BEFW11s4 by pushing the reset button for 30seconds. Unplug the power of the BEFW11s4 for 30 seconds. Connect pc to port 2 or 3. pc should get an ip of 192.168.1.x. If you are getting this ip that means that the pc is already detecting the router.
I've not used one of these 2wire boxes before, but I believe the default router's address is 192.168.0.1. Try this instead of gateway.2wire.net to see if you can gain access to the router. This is just the starting point, but see if it works.
Here's a link to, what I believe is, the router's manual.
Before you rate this please let me try to help some more. This could be a multi step process...
You really don't need the disk. Just plug the wires in and push the square button on the left hand side with the Linksys logo and that will set it up. Just wait until the light is a steady orange color. It will blink white while it's setting up. It could take a couple minutes.