Been using my HS850 and my RAZR for months with no problem, but now all of a sudden my headset won't connect anymore. The bluetooth signal flashes on my phone intermittently, but nothing comes through the headset. Tried to pair them again by pressing and holding the call button for a few seconds, and the light does actually become steadily lit, but as soon as I open the boom, it turns off instead of remaining on. End result is, neither device recognizes the other, even though the bluetooth signal flashes on my phone when I first power the phone on. I have tried several different variations of powering down the phone, waiting a minute, and then turning it back on. I've even removed the device from the phone, powered off, waited, then powered back on and tried to re-pair the devices. I'm thinking the problem must have something to do with the fact that the staedy light in the pairing mode shuts off as soon as I open the boom...it's supposed to remain lit in order for the pairing to work. Any ideas?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
a With the headset’s boom closed,
press and hold the Multifunction
Button E until the headset
indicator turns on (about
The headset indicator turns on.
b Release the button, then open the
The headset indicator remains on.
2. Perform a device discovery from
3.select motorola hs850 and click pair
4 When prompted by the phone, enter
the passkey 0000 and confirm to pair
the headset with the phone.
The device ID is now stored in the
Pairing is successful when the
headset indicator flashes 10 times
Close The Headset Boom And Hold The Multifuntion button until theheadset indicator turns on then release and open the boom. Then its OnDiscovery Mode And The Code Is 0000. Pairing IsSuccessful when the indicator on the headset flashes 10 times. The Light Being Onsteady is pairing mode.
There actually is a trick to the HS850 - flip the boom closed, then
hold down the button just until the light holds solid - IMMEDIATELY
after it does flip the boom open and this should keep the light solid.
Then on your cell/device search for bluetooth devices - you should be
able to find it now. Passkey for most devices is 0000.
1. With the headset’s boom closed,press and hold the Multifunction
Button E until the headset indicator turns on (about 3 seconds).
2. Release the button, then open the headset boom.
3. The headset indicator remains on.
4. Perform a device discovery from the phone.
5. Select the Motorola HS850 from the discovered devices list and confirm following the on screen prompts.
6. When prompted by the phone, enter the passkey 0000 and confirm to pair the headset with the phone.
The device ID is now stored in the phone’s memory.
Pairing is successful when the headset indicator flashes 10 times
When I paired my headset to my Blackberry - I had to do the following...
Set my phone into the pairing mode.. quickly press button on HS850 and when blue light comes on, hold button and open boom -
It has worked this way several times for me.
With head set off and charged, press the on button until the light comes on steady, then open the boom. The light shoulld stay on. Initiate a search for devices from the phone. This should solve part of the problem.
You are not alone in this endeavor. A lot of people have this problem.
So, here is what I suggest.
1. Make sure both the headset and the phone are fully charged.
2. Delete the "device" from your phone. I mean precisely that. Go into you cell phone's bluetooth settings and erase your "HS850" from it.
3. Try re-pairing it. Put the phone and the headset in pairing mode and allow it to sync.
This should do it. I always works for me. You usually only need to pair once and every time you use the headset all you should have to do is connect it. I hope this works for you.