There several reasons you may receive the message Can't Unlock Maps on your nuvi or zumo device.
- Can you press OK and get to the Where To/View map screen?
- Did you load maps to the unit using the MapSource or MapInstall program?
- Did you load maps to an SD data card?
If one of the points above applies to you, please follow the steps below to clear the Can't Unlock Maps message:
- Remove SD card from unit, if applicable.
- Plug the unit into your computer with a compatible USB cable.
- Open MyComputer/Computer icon. (Mac users skip this step.)
- Right-Click on the Garmin drive and select Open. (Mac users can locate the Garmin drive mounted on the Desktop.)
- Open the Garmin folder.1
- Locate a file named gmapsupp.img
- Right-Click and delete file named gmapsupp.img
- Safely disconnect your unit from your computer to see if the Can't Unlock Maps message is gone.
1. Nuvi 1100/1200/1300/1400/1600/3700 and Zumo 665 users will open the Map folder instead.
*If the gmapsupp.img file does not appear in the Garmin folder, please create an unlock file