DIRECT CODE ENTRY
1.Locate the Remote Code List [ link bellow ] provided in this manual. Circle all the codes under that brand. Example: For a GE TV, locate the TV code section then circle all of the GE TV codes.
2. Manually turn on the device you wish to control.
3. Press and hold the SETUP button until the red indicator light stays on (approximately 4 seconds) and then release the SETUP button.
4. Press and release the desired device button on the remote (TV, DVD, CBL/ SAT, DVR/AUX). The red indicator will blink once and then remain on.
5. Enter the fist 4-digit code previously found in the code list using the number buttons on the remote. If the code entered is a valid code, the red indicator light will turn off. If the code entered is not a valid code, the red indicator light will flsh and remain on allowing you to re-enter the code.
Note: If no buttons are pressed for 10 seconds, the remote will exit the SETUP mode and you will have to start over.
6. Point the remote at the device. Press the POWER button-if the device turns off, no further programming is required for that device. If the device
does not turn off, return to step 3 and use the next code found in the code list. Continue this process until a code for your device is found.
7. Repeat this process for each device (for example TV, DVD, CBL, SAT, DVR, AUX) in your home entertainment system you wish to control. Four devices can be programmed.
PROGRAMMING NOTES FOR DIRECT CODE ENTRY
#If your device does not respond to the remote after trying all codes listed or your brand is not listed in the code list, use the Auto Code Search method to program your remote.
# Sometimes the fist code that "works" with your device may operate only a few functions of your device. There may be another code in the code list that performs more functions. Try other codes from the code list for more functionality.
# With the Direct Code Entry method, you can program any device button to control any device in your home entertainment system.
For example, you can use the DVR/AUX device button to control an audio receiver or a DVD, VCR, satellite device, etc.
# For combination devices, you may have to enter a code for each device. For example, for a VCR/DVdevice, you may have to enter a code for the DVunder the DVD button and enter a code for the VCR using a different device button on the remote.
# Write down the code found to operate your device for future reference.
Electronics Equipment Repair Center