When I turn on my Sansa e260 MP3 player Sandisk appears on the screen but it does not go any further. Sandisk appears continually on the screen without allowing you to get to the menu.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is a trick to charging the battery in these small mp3 players. It wont charge if it is turned on, and it won't charges if it's turned off. Here what to do... 1. plug the payer into your USB port. or wall charger 2. switch thje palyer on using the mechanical switch (on the side) 3. turn it off by either holding down the play button, or selecting "System" from the menu 4. The screen will go black and the battery will begin charging.
For the non-deletable files try:
For the Display:
It sounds like the device is defective..Please call sandisk so they can setup a RMA return for you.. : 1-866-SANDISK (726-3475) 7 days a week: 4am. - 10pm. Pacific Standard Time 7am - 1am Eastern Standard Time
u have to wait till the screen will be black. I had the same problem with my sansa. it can lasts 1 or 2 days. after screen is black and then do following:
2. change lock switch to orange position
3. Press and hold rec button (at left side)
4. while pressing the rec button, turn the player on
5. it will appear the boot menu. connect the USB cable and try to continue the firmware
6. if it doesn't work, do a firmware downgrade. download this file:
7. execute the application while in boot mode