Question about Uniden DCT748-4 Phone
SOURCE: tru 9485
Look in the handset menu under global setup, scroll to CIDCW, click OK, and set to on or off depending what you want.
had the same problem and was trying to get solve the menu in the base
Posted on Dec 10, 2007
OK sorry guess I was thinking you had 2 handsets.
My suggestion is go to the Uniden website and maybe see what they have there.
Maybe do a search on the Uniden site for that Automatic Digital Security Code thing, seems it would be easy to fix, just a matter of how....
In the meantime I'll do some searching and see if I can help and find a fix
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
SOURCE: Phone won't hang up
I solved this exactly problem by doing this:
1) unplug base station from phone line
2) unplug base station from power cube
3) open each phone and disconnect battery (do not replace phone in charger; just let it sit)
4) wait 30 minutes (per instructions from Uniden)
5) reconnect batteries in phone sets
6) reconnect power cube to base station
7) reconnect base station to phone line
8) test: make a call. Hang up. Wait one minute. Pick up line and see if you get a dial tone.
(Basically you're "rebooting" the system. You don't know where the fault lies, so you power down every component to make sure you get it. The '30 minutes' is longer than I'm used to, but after being on hold with Uniden tech support for 20 minutes and finally getting through, the instructions from them were very clear: AT LEAST 30 minutes. OK! I did it - and it worked!)
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
You might have missed some relevant information while troubleshooting. Here is a link to the manual.
Select model and download manual.
Hope it helps.
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: