I have a Alfa cm-110, and it will brew initially, but won't brew throughly or keep water hot.
I am member of group, and I have to make coffee for at least thirty people a week. I usually put in enough water and coffee to produce 2/3 the capacity of the maker.
The maker half works. It is difinitely making some members unhappy.
Can it be fixed and if so, where?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
f 17 is no water flow. It usually occurs when the brew unit has not been cleaned regularly, when the coffee grind size is set too fine, or when oily beans are used. You can try to soak the brew unit in hot water for a while, and run water through it in the sink. Unfortunately, most cases require brew unit replacement. A properly cleaned and maintained brew unit should last the life of the machine.
Check the connection to the boiler from the pump, there is no water going to the boiler. Try this test, remove the brew unit you will see a white plastic valve behind it, carefully lift the small lever on the valve(HOT WATER), if water sprays, then the problen is at the brew unit, if no water then the boiler inlet or outlet is clogged.
The Coffee Maker can be descaled using
a packaged descaling agent or vinegar.
Always mix the descaling solution using
• When using a descaling agent, follow
the directions on the package for the
recommended amounts of descaling
agent and water to use.
• When using vinegar, fill the carafe with
a solution consisting of 1⁄2 vinegar and
1. Before descaling, always remove the
water filter (see “Installing the Ion-
Exchange Water Filter” on page 7) and
make sure the brew basket contains
no coffee or coffee filters.
2. Run the Coffee Maker through a
complete brewing cycle using a full
carafe of the descaling solution.
3. If the cleaning needed indicator lights
after the brewing cycle is complete,
repeat Step 2 using fresh descaling
solution. Keep repeating Step 2 until
the cleaning needed indicator no
longer lights after brewing.
4. Rinse the Coffee Maker by running
it through two brewing cycles using a
full carafe of fresh, cool water
5. Wash the brew basket in hot, soapy
water and rinse with hot water. This
part can also be washed in the upper
rack of the dishwasher.
6. Reinstall or replace the water filter.
Replace the filter every three months
under normal usage, or more often
with heavy use.
COFFEE PREPARATION PROCEDURES
1) Place filter into brew basket.
2) Put the proper amount of coffee into the filter.
3) Slide the brew basket into holder.
4) Place empty decanter on warmer located directly under the brew basket and turn corresponding warmer switch ON.
5) Pour decanter of fresh water through pour-in opening at top of brewer.
6) Hot water will be delivered through the sprayhead. This distributes the hot water evenly over the coffee bed within the brew basket. The coffee will drain from brew basket into the container below.
7) Red light indicates warmer is ON.
8) Before brewing next pot, remove brew basket from brew rails and dump filter into waste basket.