My GE Spacemaker starts buzzing about 2-3 seconds after I press the start button. The turntable does not spin, the lights come on, and the microwave "fan" sound does not kick in. The weird thing about it is that I tested a mug of water and sure enough the microwave "buzz" still heated it up. Is this safe? What is wrong with it and how can I fix it? Please help. Thanks in advance!!!
Erevthing works turn table works heats, cooks, clock works ,, BUT after i push start a Buzzing noise happens twice but only when i put it on IS IT SAFE WILL I DIE!!!!! HELP!!!!!!
This is not safe. If the fan is not running, the magnetron will quickly overheat and be destroyed. We answered this in more depth in the other place you asked it.
SOURCE: Microwave Buzzing
It is not safe. If a microwave oven cooks without the cooling fan running, then your magnetron will soon overheat and be destroyed. At our Web site, we have important safety information plus information on diagnosing and replacing door switches. Our site is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk If it;s not a door switch, then it may be a problem (such as a bad relay) on the control board. We repair these nationwide for $32.50 postpaid in most cases, and you can find out more through that link, too.
Usually answered in minutes!