The same thing happend to my RAZR phone. The very first day I bought it. It would turn on ie: the key pad would light up but the screen was black,dead.
I contacted Motorola, they call this problem ELF (early life failure). I returned the phone and was given a new one.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Okay, to program a key you will need two keys that are already programmed, insert one key ignition turned on and engine off, remove the key and within 10 sec insert the second key and turn ignition on with engine off, remove that key and within 10 sec insert the key to be programed. you will need to do a 30 min.relearn with only one key,you will turn ignition on with engine off and wait about 10 min until light goes out then remove the key and repeat this step when light goes out repeat step one more time then use key to start car, computer has learned all info. you will now turn off engine, insert programmed key turn key on engine off then remove the key and insert key to be programed within 10 sec.all done good day.
If your old key has a chip in it,then the dealer ship will have to code it.If not,try relearning the key to the ignition,turn the key on,leave it on 10 minutes,then turn it off,and right back on,do this three times,a total of thirty minutes,if this was at all helpful,please rate,thank you.
Sounds like water damage but try this.........
1) press the * and # and Power button all at once - if the screen fires up with a black screen and some info - then you can flash the phone and hopefully recover it;
2. If the above works - you need to find a flash file and the software to flash it with