After boiling water on the stove for a few hours trying to humidify the air in the kitchen the microwave went out. No lights on the key pad, no anything. I let it dry out for a few days even put a fan blowing on it and replaced the 250v 20amp fuse. Still no luck, when I plug it in there is nothing. The outlet I am using to plug in the microwave is providing power.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Microwave Oven completely dead
I sure hope the hood fan was on... It should always be on whenever you're boiling on the stove top, otherwise moisture can get into the microwave controls.
The typical microwave will have just one power line fuse and two thermal fuses and/or thermostats, and the failure of any one of these can render the oven "dead".
One thermostat / thermal cutout will be on or near the magnetron and one will be on top of the chassis / cavity.
Does the inside light come on when you open the door?
If so, then it's probably a problem in the control unit.
If not, then it may be a bad thermostat or thermal cutout but it may still be the control unit.
We have *critical* safety and disassembly info at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
You may find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your base model number (without the suffix) here: http://tinyurl.com/gv383 or http://www3.sears.com
If you think it's a problem with the control panel, we repair those for $32.50 nationwide in most cases. Full info is available via our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the microwave is above the stove, the heat sensors in the microwave may turn on fans to cool it even though the microwave itself is not running. It tries to save its life. It should turn off when the stove is not heating it.
wow, from the looks of it you need to unplug wait 60 seconds plug in to restart, ot buy a new microwave. Perhaps if in the microwave terms it didn't say not to do that call the manufacturer and the will replace it for free
most likely the power supply in the microwave is gone. the microwave die probably it is over the oven. heat from the stove cause the microwave to heat up and cold off more than it is on the counter.
counter microwave has fan and air slot in the rear. it keep the motor and microwave cool, and there nothing else to keep it hot. but the over the oven, the only ventalation is from the top. and with the added heat from the stove top and oven.
The issue is probably your exhaust fan on your microwave comes on automatically when it detects a certain temperature. Mine does this as well but will turn off automatically after temperature goes down.
the sighn with a spoon inside is to alert you to the dangers of delayed boiling this is were the liquid in a container is heated on the outside quicker than the inside when you remove the liquid and expose it to the ambient air in your kitchen the liquid can boil over scalding your hand it doesnt have anything to do with your friends cup of tea this is pure coincidence the pop is the internal safety fuse blowing will need attn from service tech to sort high voltage safety fuse blowing means inverter or mag faults.