Here are instructions
for a solution to your Coby 610 File System Error problem.
Replacing the firmware
of your Coby 610 MP3 Player will unfreeze it and help it act normally again. This will also fix the 'File System Error' that has been popping up with some Coby 610 players. You can find it at the cobyusa.com
website by choosing 'Mp3 & Portable', then 'Mp3 & Mp4 Players', then your model 'MP610', from the support page. Or, here is the direct link
to the file from Coby's servers.
Unpacking the zipfile from the Coby Website will give you a PDF file with instructions, and a program file to run.
music will be erased when you run this firmware update. The
instructions suggest that even if your mp3 player won't startup
properly, if you plug it into your computer you should be able to
access it as a removable disk, and copy all your music to a temporary
folder on your computer.
Here are the steps:
- Plug your MP610 into your computer.
- Copy all your music to a temporary folder.
- Disconnect your MP610 from your computer.
- Disconnect as many USB devices as possible from your
computer (to simplify identifying the MP610 at a later step, and avoid
damaging other devices by trying to load the MP610 firmware into them
- Run the Firmware Update program 'MP610 T LCD Firmware Update for file sys err.exe'
- You will see a screen with up to 24 numbered, empty boxes.
- Connect the MP610 to your computer. It will show up in one of the boxes.
- Once the MP3 player shows up, click on the Firmware Feature icon to start the firmware upgrade.
- After the firmware update is complete, you will receive a checkmark in the firmware box.
- Disconnect the MP610.
- Close the firmware update software.
- Turn on the 610 to confirm it starts up and the display reads 'COBY'.
- Plug it back into your computer and copy your music back on to it.
You can refer to this Coby 610 solution here
I hope that helps.