Question about Exercise & Fitness
Treadmill works fine... but suddenly the incline stopped working... and its been rattling a lot since yesterday... my brother was using it for 3 hours and it smelt really bad when he got off.. like burnt rubber and then the incline stopped working... what is wrong with it?
If everything still works but no belt movement, you motor controller is more than likely shot. If replacing you want to also pay attention to the deck and belt. Sence it sut down while running, it sound it an over heating problem which is usually caused from too much friction between the walking belt and the deck(the board under it) May require lube or may need replacing.
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
Sometimes the tread needs to be lubricated. This was the case with ours. You can get a lubrication kit at ****'s Sporting Goods or other larger sport stores and it will instruct you on how to do it.
Posted on Jan 26, 2010
I have the exact same problem with the very same treadmill that i bouth 10 years ago and it has been sitting for 5 years unused. The last time it was turned on it worked but now that I plug it in and try to start it, everything works but the belt drive motor. Any ideas?
Posted on Feb 09, 2010
I have a image 10.0 treadmill. I recently started running on it about 2 weeks now, my problem is that now when i put the red plastic card in the console to start it up, the console completely lights up and starts to buzz, and i won't start. I've unplugged it, it worked, then when i shut it off again and reinsert the red plastic card it does the same thing. What is this problemand what can i do?
Posted on Mar 23, 2010
SOURCE: Treadmill incline error
Try this, it fixed it for me, if it doesn't work let me know
I bought a used Precor 9.4 treadmill, but the incline adjustment was not working.
So, I did the following.
1. Turn off, unplug the treadmill and wait for an hour (this is for safety
2. Remove the black motor cover
3. Observe the transformer to the right of the motor and towards the belt ( I point to it in the video)
This transformer converts DC electricity to AC electricity and the AC current goes directly to the Incline motor which is in the black box towards the front of the machine.
4. On mine the wires had come loose from the transformer, they were soldered on very poorly, the wires are stiff and you should be able to see 4 wires coming from the top of the circuit board and plugging into the transformer, I had three of the 4 wires loose.
5. If you are not comfortable working with electronics or soldering DO NOT DO THIS REPAIR, you could get shocked very badly if you just go poking around in there with metal objects, get a friend who knows how to solder or hire someone.
6. It took about 5 minutes I just heated up my $10 soldering gun from radio shack and soldered all the loose wires that were about a millimeter away from the tabs on the back of the transformer, and VOILA! The incline now works!
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 13, 2016 | Reebok T 980 Treadmill
Oct 21, 2013 | Exercise & Fitness
Jul 04, 2012 | Reebok Exercise & Fitness
Jun 27, 2012 | Proform Treadmill Motor Controller 241697
Jun 08, 2017 | Dmm Vision Fitness T9500 Treadmill
Jan 11, 2011 | Epic Overstock T60 Treadmill Treadmills
Jan 02, 2011 | Nordic Track NordicTrack Treadmill, A2550
May 27, 2010 | Proform CrossTrainer Treadmill
May 20, 2010 | Precor 9.21 Treadmill
Jun 17, 2009 | Proform Sport 1000 Folding Treadmill...
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: