An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: How to connect my Sharp LC-26DA5U to my computer as...
There are two possible problems:
1. You are connecting a 15-pin (on the laptop) to the 9-pin (on the TV) connection. This isn't the video-in connection for the TV. The TV has a DB-15 connection near its DVI input connector. You should be using a 15-pin to 15-pin cable. The DB-9 connector on the TV is a serial port for servicing the TV.
2. You aren't enabling the external video port for the laptop. Try hitting Fn+F5 on the laptop to cycle between the three display modes: laptop only, laptop + TV, TV only. Make sure to wait a few seconds after hitting Fn+F5 to let the displays sync up.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
0038,0031. Try these codes. If you wish to get more; check the site linked here. It has set-up code list & set-up procedure to many popular brand remote controls. See it in "Mosaic" view. It will make surf easier. http://electrohelponline.blogspot.com/
If this is the exact model Sharp Aquos television you have then you would have to have a laptop that has hdmi or dvi. You can try S Video on a laptop but the laptop's resolution would have to be so low that most laptops cannot accommodate this. You're right; this television does not have a VGA (RGB cable) input.
Go to the Remote control Manufacturers website and get the instructions for the remote control. Then you need the codes for each of the items you are going to program in. You can get some of the Directv functions on universal remotes, but if it's a DIRECTV with DVR then the rewind functions, etc. may not work. Good luck!
Not sure why u need to go to menu. If you want to connect lapotop to TV attach the cable turn on laptop and monitor and hit FN F5 the laptop screen will then be diusplayed on monitor Fn F9 turns it off
The cable box needs to be set to send different signals when using hd tv and standard tv. Usually a good setting would be 720p in hd and 480p in standard. The tv is working fine it is the cable box sending the signal. If you have another hdmi source such as a dvd player you may hook that up to show the tv is working just fine.
if it only looks like that when it's in windows, then it could be a joke wallpaper someone put on it, otherwise it is indeed broken. Tilt it down and shine a bright light on it, if you see what looks like an exploded pen inside it, or cracks, it's done.
I would check the video setting on your laptop. The resolution or refresh rate might have been changed and the LCD TV might not be able to process the signal. Try changing the laptop's resolution to the lowest setting(right-click on desktop and pick properties) and see if the TV produces a picture. Also verify the video output on the laptop is working by hooking it up to a computer monitor if available.
In my opinion i think that the your television is messed up. so you should either return it or keep it. I had this same problem but i tried everything to fix it but i couldnt so the best is just to return it