Question about Welbilt MR95TW Microwave Oven
I got a Prestopop Microwave popcorn popper in December and have used it 10 15 times. The last time I used it--my microwave oven went whoops! Light flashing. noise like a very gutteral stuttering growl. I read on Amazon.com reviews for the Prestopop that others said using the popper did in their microwave ovens. I can't understand how what is inside the microwave utensil-wise has any connection with the operation of the machine. When I turn it on now(with a cup of water inside) the turntable starts to revolve and the the display begins. Any light you can shed on my dilemna appreciated. Can anypart be replaced, repaired? Don't want to get a new Nuker. Mahalo from HaWAII
Sounds like the magnetron has failed. That gutteral sound is a classic symptom. I've described it to my customers as sounding like gurgling into a coffee cup. Dry popcorn is a very dry food, so not as much of the energy is absorbed. When that happens, more microwaves can reflect back to the magnetron and damage it. I'm surprised they don't mention that if and when you don't use butter. But if this is an older microwave, it may have been on its way out already. Not too many parts seem to be available for this Welbilt model, but your best bet if you want it repaired is to call their nuumber in your owner's manual. If it's older or a fairly simple counter-top microwave, then it would probably be more economcial to replace the oven.
Posted on Feb 20, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Microwave-safe epoxy would be better than super glue, which will will emit fumes.
You would be better off getting a new one if it's truly available.
Tritronics (http://www.wehaveparts.com) shows it as part # M0R0282 (no rollers included) and the rollers are part #
M0R0272. You rrollers may work if they're okay.
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: