Question about Philips AZ1303 Radio/CD Boombox
When playing a CD only the sound level may be low. Setting the handle down with a small tap will bring the sound level back to normal. i am not shure if this a bad solder connection somewhere in the unit or it is part of the CD player that has a problem. sound level on radio and Casette is fine and it happens on all Cds . Thanks for any help (ps there is enough torx screws with various lengths that you would need to buy a entire screwdriver set to take it apart.)
SOURCE: CD Player Does Not Read CDs
Hi As you describe the problem, there are three likely possiblities, either the laser lense is dirty, the laser is beginning to fail, or there is a dead spot developing in the spin motor. Cleaning is the first step, and the least expensive...If you have some electronics experience, they are not difficult to clean, but you must expose the laser to do it, and I don't want to advise someone to do that, and forget to unplug the unit. It's free laser eye surgery, but I doubt you would be happy with the results. I would advise you to call around to local repair shops, and see what they charge to check it out and/or clean it, and then descide if it is worth proceeding. Hopr this helps, good luck!
Posted on May 02, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
• Check that the subwoofer is connected properly, switched on and the volume turned up.
• If your subwoofer has a sleep function, make sure it is switched off.
• Make sure that the Subwoofer setting is YES or PLUS (see Speaker Setting on page xx).
• The crossover frequency may be set too low; try setting it higher to match the characteristics of your other speakers (see Speaker Setting on page xx)
• If there is very little low frequency information in the source material, change your speaker settings to Front: SMALL / Subwoofer: YES , or Front: LARGE / Subwoofer: PLUS (see Speaker Setting on page xx).
• Check that the LFE channel is not set to -80dB , or a very quiet setting (see Bass Peak Level
on page xx).
• Check the speaker level settings (see Channel Level on page xx).
Regarding the Large vs Small assignment of speakers, what they mean isn't so much the physical size but the ability to handle real bass. Large if Yes.
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: